Reject any plans for privatisation.
This petition had 84,948 supporters
Privatisation is the handing over of government services to non-government service providers.
The supposedly ‘independent’ Costello report has wide-ranging recommendations for privatisation of health services, disability services, child protection, schools, and prisons.
This document is not a blueprint for Queensland’s future, it’s a recipe for destruction. It represents an ideological goal of hollowed-out public services, job losses, less accountability to the public, and massive economic pain.
In countries like the United Kingdom, privatisation has been a recipe for worse services, lower wages, and less access for those most in need.
Privatisation of public services means:
• No accountability for when service delivery goes wrong.
• No say for the community in the management of local hospitals, prisons or schools.
• Cost-cutting and job losses.
• Fewer services for people in need.
• Less access to services that regional families rely on.
• Less support for hospital patients, the elderly, the sick, and those in need.
• Private companies running our prisons for a profit.
• Schools that are run to focus on budgets and not the interests of the local community.
Campbell Newman promised that there would be no privatisation of Queensland assets ‘without a mandate’ but his government is now trying to back away from that promise.
We are saying to Campbell Newman: no privatisation, not now, not ever. Keep Queensland’s services public and accountable. Let's keep it for Queenslanders.
Tweet to @theqldpremier today or send him a message on Facebook – and after you’ve done that, sign up to the Working for Queenslanders movement to help spread our message further.
Today: Working For Queenslanders is counting on you
Working For Queenslanders needs your help with “Queensland Premier Campbell Newman: Reject any plans for privatisation.”. Join Working For Queenslanders and 84,947 supporters today.