- Stephen HarperLeader, Conservative Party of Canada / Chef, Parti Conservateur du Canada
- Jack HarrisMember of Parliament - National Defence (NDP)
- Joyce MurrayMember of Parliament - National Defence (Liberal Party)
- Mark EykingMember of Parliament
- The Honourable Rob NicholsonMinister of National Defence of Canada
- Prime Minister Stephen HarperPrime Minister of Canada
- Justin TrudeauLeader of the Liberal Party of Canada
- Gerry RitzMinister of Agriculture
- Thomas MulcairLeader of the Opposition
- Leader, Liberal Party of Canada/Chef, Parti libéral du Canada Justin TrudeauLeader, Liberal Party of Canada/Chef, Parti libéral du Canada
Prime Minister Stephen Harper: Save the Meyers family farm from the Trenton Military base
"They don't make prime farmland anymore" are the words of 86 year old Frank Meyers, who is farming his 2 century old family farm next door to the Canadian Military Forces Base in Trenton, Ontario.
The Canadian forces, and our Prime Minister, have decided they need his 220 acres of prime land to build a weapons trainning base and are forcing Frank Myers out this winter, after his last corn harvet. (Oh, they Canadian Military already has a training base in Ottawa, but have decided they want to move it).
Once that farmland is gone, it's never coming back. There is still time to save the land so that future generations have food security. There are lots of places to engage in military training, but it doesn't have to happen on prime farmland. Let's support Frank Myers and future generations of food producers!
- Leader, New Democratic Party of Canada / Chef, Nouveau Parti démocratique du Canada
- Member of Parliament - National Defence (NDP)
- Member of Parliament - National Defence (Liberal Party)
- Member of Parliament
- Minister of National Defence of Canada
The Honourable Rob Nicholson
- Prime Minister of Canada
Prime Minister Stephen Harper
- Leader of the Liberal Party of Canada
- Minister of Agriculture
- Leader of the Opposition
- Leader, Liberal Party of Canada/Chef, Parti libéral du Canada
Leader, Liberal Party of Canada/Chef, Parti libéral du Canada Justin Trudeau
Save the Meyers family farm from the Trenton Military base
In 1796, years before Canada became a country, the Meyers family obtained a productive tract of prime farmland. For almost 220 years, the family has kept the land in production, providing Canadians with safe, local food.
Now Mr. Meyers has been forced off his land to build in order to relocate a military base from Ottawa to CFB Trenton.
As Mr. Meyers points out, they don't make prime farmland anymore. This is it. Once it's gone, it's gone. 3 generations from now, our children will not be thanking us for failing to protect productive land and ensure food security.
It's not too late to stop the land from being taken away from Mr. Meyers. He's still ready and able to farm and wants to pass the land down to his family. You can stop the expansion of CFB Trenton and protect this land from unnecessary development.
Please reconsider this decision and give Mr. Meyers (and his neighbours) back his land.
Susan Berry started this petition with a single signature, and now has 5,651 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.