- YAB Dato' Seri Dr Zambry Abdul KadirMenteri Besar Perak
- Datuk Seri PalanivelMenteri Sumber Asli & Alam Sekitar
- Dato' Haji Roslan bin AriffinPengarah Pejabat Perhutanan Negeri Perak
- YB Dato' Seri Dr Abdul Rahman HashimSetiausaha Kerajaan Negeri Perak
- Tan Sri Datuk Dr. Yusof BasironCEO, Malaysian Palm Oil Council
Perak state government: Do not de-gazette the forest reserves at Parit & Chikus
The keruing padi (Dipterocarpus semivestitus) will become extinct in peninsular Malaysia if Parit forest reserve is not saved. Parit & Chikus are also home to black panthers, the Great Argus pheasant, and siamangs.
- Menteri Besar Perak
YAB Dato' Seri Dr Zambry Abdul Kadir
- Menteri Sumber Asli & Alam Sekitar
Datuk Seri Palanivel
- Pengarah Pejabat Perhutanan Negeri Perak
Dato' Haji Roslan bin Ariffin
- Setiausaha Kerajaan Negeri Perak
YB Dato' Seri Dr Abdul Rahman Hashim
- CEO, Malaysian Palm Oil Council
Tan Sri Datuk Dr. Yusof Basiron
Do not de-gazette the forest reserves at Parit & Chikus
We hear that the Perak state government is considering degazetting the forest reserves at Parit and Chikus. Please can we remind you that such a decision will go against the 2008 ruling by the Federal Government which states that forest reserves are not to be converted for oil palm plantations.
Parit and Chikus forest reserves are home to the keruing padi tree (Dipterocarpus semivestitus). Having already lost keruing paya (Dipterocarpus coriaceus) at Bikam, we cannot afford to lose another precious and ancient tree. Please understand that keruing padi is a natural treasure that cannot be replaced. This treasure belongs to us, the people of Malaysia.
So we ask you, the Perak state government, to protect the forest reserves of Parit and Chikus .
Khazanah alam, warisan negara.
Malaysians Against the Expansion of Palm Oil Plantations started this petition with a single signature, and now has 310 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.