Parkland Hospital Physician Loses a 178-Page Patient Medical Record and County Does Nothing!
Medical records privacy and safeguarding are required under law. By allowing a hospital, doctor or medical center to skate liability undermines the entire purpose of why HIPAA exists. Additionally, as reported by the Texas State Dept of Health, Parkland, within the last year has embarrassing violations! They had a single Administrative Penalty in August 2012 for $1 million! Then, four months later, had another fine for $10,000 for not complying with their corrective action plan due to their August $1 million penalty! The state of Texas lists Medical Records violations on their report on line two! What a surprise! Compare Parkland with all the other state hospitals/medical centers in Texas. Parkland is dangerous and needs to be closed down!! How can a county hospital such as Parkland get fined 50 times of what all of the hospitals in the state of Texas combined! And how disgusting is this: One of the violations was for employees' failure to wash their hands!!
- President of the United States of America
President Barack Obama
- United States Secretary of Health & Human Services
- Texas Dept of State Health Services
Dale W Wilson
- Texas Medical Board, Senior Investigator
- US Dept of Health & Human Services/Office for Civil Rights
- Vice President of the United States of America
Vice President Joe Biden
Dr. Mark Alan Swancutt
- Parkland Health & Hospital System, Senior Associate General Counsel
Brenda Neel Hight
- University of Texas System, Attorney for UT Southwestern
- UT Southwestern Medical Center, Director of Medical Risk Management
- Parkland Health & Hospital System, Privacy Director
- Dallas County Commissioner
- Texas Medical Board
- UT Southwestern Medical Center, Release of Information Supervisor
- Senior Attorney, Parkland Health & Hospital System
Parkland Health & Hospital System, UT Southwestern Medical Center and Dr. Mark Alan Swancutt need to be held accountable for losing a patient's medical record. Dallas County Commissioners have turned their backs to resolve this issue. Dallas County Commissioner Elba Garcia appoints Parkland's Vice Presidents, yet has not held anyone accountable. Dr. Mark Alan Swancutt admitted to losing the medical record! I was a patient of Parkland who had a UT Southwestern physician (not that I ever knew that at the time)! Parkland points the finger at UT Southwestern and UT Southwestern points the finger back at Parkland, NO ONE is accountable. Parkland is a county hospital. CUT OFF PARKLAND'S TAX MONEY UNTIL THEY BECOME COMPETENT! THEY HAVE ALREADY KILLED PEOPLE AND WERE FOUND TO BE GROSSLY DEFICIENT BY THE STATE OF TEXAS AND THE US DEPT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES!
Paul Stubbs started this petition with a single signature, and now has 1,318 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: Paul is counting on you
Paul Stubbs needs your help with “PARKLAND PLACES GAY MAN AT RISK FOR A HATE CRIME & IDENTITY THEFT BY LOSING HIS 178-PAGE MEDICAL RECORD”. Join Paul and 1,317 supporters today.