Stop testing on animals for your own protection from liability lawsuits!
This petition had 7,126 supporters
You're funding and supporting animal testing every time you purchase one of these brands owned by P&G.
Cosmetics: Anna Sui, CoverGirl, Dolce Gabbana, Max Factor, Olay
Deodorants: Old Spice, Secret, Sure
Hair Care: A Touch of Sun, Aussie, Clairol, Fekkai, Head & Shoulders, Herbal Essences, Hydrience, Infusium 23, Lasting Color, Loving Care, Men's Choice, Natural Instincts, Nice 'n Easy, Pantene, Pert, Physique, Rejoice, Sebastian Professional, Ultress, Vidal Sassoon, Wella
Fragrances & cosmetics: Anna Sui, Baldessarini, Boss/Hugo Boss, Bruno Banani, Christina Aguilera, Dolce Gabbana, Dunhill, Escada, Giorgio of Beverly Hills, Ghost, Gucci, Helmut Lang, Herve Leger, Lacoste, Naomi Campbell, Old Spice, Puma, Valentino
Laundry and Cleaning: Ace, Ariel, Bold, Bounce, Cascade, Cheer, Comet, Dawn, Downy, Dreft, Dryel, Era, Febreze, Gain, Ivory, Ivory Snow, Joy, Mr. Clean, Swiffer, Tide
Oral Care: Crest, Fixodent, Gleem, Oral B, Scope, Whitestrips
Sanitary Products: Always, Prilosec OTC, Tampax
Shaving Products: Bran, Fusion, Gillette, MACH3, Prestobarba/Blue, Venus
Skin Care: Clairol, Clearstick, CoverGirl, DDF, Fekkai, Gillette, Max Factor, Noxzema, Ohm, Olay, SK-II
Soap: Camay, Ivory, Safeguard, Zest
Companion Animal Products: California Natural, Evo, Eukanuba, Healthwise, Iams (www.iamskills.com & www.iamscruelty.com), Innova, Karma, Mother Nature, Natura Pet Products
Food and Beverage: Folgers, Home Cafe, Millstone Coffee, Pringles, Torengoes
Paper Products: Bounty, Charmin, Puffs
Diapers and Baby Care: Luvs, Pampers
Batteries & Electrical Goods: Braun, Duracell, Gilette
Drugs & Health aids: Actonel, Align, DayQuil, Fibersure, Metamucil, NyQuil, Pepto-Bismol, PUR water filtration system, Sinex, Thermacare, Vicks
• Each year, thousands of animals die in Procter & Gamble laboratories -- the victims of painful, archaic and entirely UNNECESSARY product tests. Caustic chemicals are forced into the eyes of rabbits and applied to animals' shaved and raw skin. Laboratory workers place the animals in restraining devices so they cannot struggle while the workers apply the chemicals, which burn into the animals' eyes and skin. P&G "scientists" do not sedate the animals or give them pain killers. Animals sometimes break their necks or backs attempting to escape the pain. Those that survive are used in yet additional painful tests...until they are finally killed. P&G is also known for forcing dogs to eat large amounts of a cleaning chemical by pumping it directly into their stomachs.
• P&G REFUSES TO STOP TESTING its products on animals despite the fact that these tests are NOT required by any law and despite the fact that more reliable and humane alternatives DO exist.
• Procter & Gamble spends millions of dollars to package itself as a responsible, caring company and claims to be a leader in the development of alternatives to the use of animals in product testing BUT P&G refuses to put its money where its mouth is. In 2004 alone, P&G spent $3 BILLION on advertising. This stands in stark contrast to the $64 million that P&G claims to have spent on developing alternatives over a 14-year period! Despite its repeated P.R. claims about being in the forefront of developing alternatives and reducing product testing on animals, P&G's priorities seem clear: in less than 5 days, P&G spends more on advertising than it claims to have spent in 14 years on alternatives to painful and lethal animal tests. The fact is P&G says one thing and does another. If they truly shared our goal of eliminating animal cruelty, P&G would not have lobbied to defeat a bill before the California legislature that would have banned the infamous Draize eye-irritancy test (where solutions of products are applied directly into the animals’ eyes, which causes intense burning, itching and pain. Clips are placed on the eyelids to hold them open during the test period, which can last several days, and to keep the animals from blinking away the solution. The animals are placed in restraining stocks that hold their heads in place, which prevents them from moving throughout the test period. In addition to causing terrible pain, the test compounds often leave the animals' eyes ulcerated and bleeding. After the tests are completed, all of the animals are killed).
• In reality, P&G RELIES ON THESE ARCHAIC TESTS STRICTLY FOR ITS OWN PROTECTION FROM LIABILITY LAWSUITS. The truth is that P&G could stop animal testing today without hindering anyone's safety. Until it stops its animal cruelty, the letters P&G will stand for nothing but Pain & Greed!
For more info, please visit:
HOW DO YOU STOP FUNDING ANIMAL TESTING BOTH DIRECTLY AND INDIRECTLY?
1) Only purchase the brands featured on this list: www.leapingbunny.org/shopping.php (If you're vegan, note that not every brand on the list is vegan)
2) And on the list, avoid the brands that have a purple box next to them (ex: The Body Shop, Burt's Bees, Tom's of Maine, etc) as they are owned by companies that test on animals. Remember your goal is to avoid any brand that is owned by & affiliated with a company that tests on animals as this is THE only way you can stop funding animal testing.
3) Check the home page of the leaping bunny website (www.leapingbunny.org) every now and then for announcements because after claiming to be against animal testing for years, some brands do start testing on animals mainly to enter the Chinese market where animal testing is required by law. If a company does that, the leaping bunny will make an announcement and remove the brand from their cruelty-free list.
Today: H is counting on you
H K needs your help with “P&G: Stop testing on animals for your own protection from liability lawsuits!”. Join H and 7,125 supporters today.