Stop the Santa Ana Riverbed Evictions: Nowhere to Go, but Illegal to Stay
This petition made change with 1,107 supporters!
Recent homeless counts "found the number of 'unsheltered' homeless people in Orange County grew 54 percent over the past four years, from 1,678 to 2,584 people." (Voice of OC)
- In recent days, "Only 21 of 525 beds were empty at the county’s two year-round homeless shelters." (OC Register)
- On January 22, 2018, the County of Orange plans "to clear the county's largest homeless encampment" of over a thousand people living along the Santa Ana River trail. (Patch)
- County Supervisor Nelson admits, "If you push people out you will end up dealing with it in the city.” (Voice of OC)
- A recent county contracted surveys found, "81.2 percent are interested in case management services which means they are receptive to services and working towards the pathway to housing." (County of Orange)
- The County of Orange "is the lead public agency that receives federal and state funding to address Orange County’s homelessness, mental health, and drug addiction issues." (Voice of OC)
The undersigned urge the County of Orange to cease displacing the Santa Ana Riverbed encampments unless and until it finds the inhabitants a suitable alternative.
Today: Orange County Poverty Alleviation Coalition is counting on you
Orange County Poverty Alleviation Coalition needs your help with “Orange County Board of Supervisors: Stop the Santa Ana Riverbed Evictions: Nowhere to Go, but Illegal to Stay”. Join Orange County Poverty Alleviation Coalition and 1,106 supporters today.