Save talk radio WYAY 106.7
This petition had 992 supporters
CHECK UPDATES FOR MORE CURRENT INFORMATION.
Talk radio gives an outlet for the people to exercise their rights in a moderated environment so as to avoid libel, slander, obscenity, sedition, incitement, fighting words. To relieve frustrations by being allowed to have an opinion without fear.
We know that EMF has been affected by formal FCC petitions to deny before, and is involved in an audit of royalties in ongoing [Docket No. 18–CRB–0016–AU (AccuRadio, LLC)]. I would be very upset to think that the money for the sale of this station maybe stolen from the musicians they build their non-profit status with. Those artists are not non-profits.
Talk Radio is more than a bunch of noise and nonsense. People need a voice. People need a diverse palette of information relevant to the locality. It is in the public interest for people to know for sure that they have the freedom to express and experience news in a conservative, and still light-hearted way.
- Local WEATHER, TRAFFIC, AND NEWS not always covered by national networks or other local station. And not covered at all by stations who broadcast from another state.
- Local SPORTS with the Atlanta Braves, and Pete Davis's pre-game show.
- Local Public Service including quarterly Atlanta Job Fairs, Kim Peterson's support of Wounded Warriors, Humane Society, and the USMC Toys for Tots, Mike Brook's show ARRESTED, and Shelley Winters with his Christmas TOY DRIVE, and GOODWILL speaking about local community service projects, THE SUICIDE PREVENTION HOTLINE.
- Locally sponsored EDUCATIONAL programming and honest advice from local vendors who can serve the public directly like Dan and Jim with "All 4 seasons" with information; Doni from "Don's Tree Service" with her spotlight on community servants doing good; CPA wealth Advisors with some advice about personal CPA services for and and planning for retirement, education, insurance, and other life changing events; Financial Symphony with 3 experts focusing on investment advice, estate planning and financial consulting.
Others who work at the station have other smaller more private gestures of service and religious affiliations. They have that right also.
Please show how you feel by showing public support here for us to go further and file a formal Petition to Deny the format change applied for by EMF. Include comments with:
- Thoughts on how WYAY 106.7 satisfies Public Interest and mental health of the listeners.
- Will losing WYAY prevent our sponsors from encouraging local dollars to support local businesses and result in Economic Impact to our community
- What will be the Public/Community Impact of WYAY's ability to encourage community service and support of veterans.
- Will there be HARM to local businesses advertising on WYAY at reasonable prices, who do not have resources required to advertise on other local station.
Today: Christina is counting on you
Christina Wellman needs your help with “Office of the Secretary FCC: Save talk radio WYAY 106.7”. Join Christina and 991 supporters today.