Thousands of kids and residents living within 2 miles of the Fenimore Landfill in Roxbury Township are being poisoned daily by Hydrogen Sulfide gas emanating from the landfill. Health effects are numerous, homes values have decreased, quality of life is non-existent, and there is no end in site.
Tell the NJDEP to cleanup and remove ALL the debris they allowed to be dumped at the site since 2011 and restore Mooney Mountain and Roxbury Township to the beautiful place it was before. For more information go to www.reactnj.org or www.fenimorelandfill.com. THANK YOU! <3
In addition, we demand the following:
1. ALL material, over 360k cubic yards of material dumped by SEP must be removed from this site. In the long run, this option will cost less and be more effective.
2. 360 degree perimeter monitoring of the landfill for h2s, so2, and VOC's. Install monitors at schools to protect the children and teachers.
3. Temporary housing for the residents until this situation is resolved.
4. Portable Carbon Air Filtration Systems bought for residents who don't want/need temporary housing.
5. The NJDEP and NJDOH need to be fully transparent in all aspects of the Fenimore Landfill including testing, results, health, planning, and mitigation.
6. Complete a full investigation on how this situation happened in a residential area, who is responsible, and hold them accountable!
7. The NJDEP and the NJDOH need to hold an open public meeting in Roxbury TWP. to answer resident's concerns and questions.
8. Complete a full environmental site investigation of Fenimore including air, soil, and water testing. This is critical to know what material the residents could be exposed to now and in the future.
The residents need immediate help NOW! Things have gotten worse even though the Emergency Order is 90% complete. Thousands of kids and adults have already endured this mess for almost a full year. It's time for Roxbury to get back to "normal" life.