It is essential that ADHD is revisited by an objective panel with an honest review of the SCIENCE and not clouded by FINANCIAL, POLITICAL, OR SPECIAL INTERESTS in order to examine the following:
1. do we have scientific evidence to support the validity of disorder
2. what is the long-term efficacy and safety of medications
3. what alternative factors (e.g., trauma, toxins, ineffective parenting/educational approaches, temperament) contribute to the development of behaviors that are attributed to ADHD
4. what non-medication approaches are available that safe and effective for improving social-emotional/behavioral wellness, including behavior that gets labelled as ADHD (inattention, impulsivity, hyperactivitiy).
5. should ADHD remain under OHI of IDEA in educational system or is there a better way to meet children's educational needs.