The National Human Trafficking Resource Center (NHTRC) operates the only national, toll-free hotline in the United States that focuses exclusively on the issue of human trafficking. The NHTRC runs 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to improve the systemic response to protect and serve victims of human trafficking across the country.
Contact the NHTRC to report a tip; to connect with anti-trafficking resources in your area; or to request training and technical assistance, general information or specific anti-trafficking resources. The NHTRC is operated by Polaris Project and funded by the Department of Health and Human Services and other private donors and supporters.
Many human trafficking victims do not self identify as victims or are not aware that help is available. By taking action and calling the NHTRC hotline – and encouraging others to do so – you can provide crucial information about a potential case of human trafficking and as a result, more victims will receive much-needed help. We need your eyes and ears on the street to report tips of situations that you think could be human trafficking. Take the pledge today to learn the signs of human trafficking and get involved. KNOW IT. SEE IT. REPORT IT.
Send this message to the NHTRC today and let them know that you will take a stand against human trafficking by reporting suspicious behavior.
Click here to learn the possible signs of trafficking.
Click here to download the NHTRC flier.
- National Human Trafficking Hotline
I know that slavery still exists, even here in the United States. I want to join you in the fight against human trafficking. By sending you this email today I promise to:
• Learn the signs of human trafficking.
• Put the hotline number in my cell phone: 1-888-373-7888.
• Tell 5 friends to put the hotline number in their cell phones.
• Talk about it. I will tell my friends, teachers, teammates, co-workers, and family members about this resource.
• Hand out information about the hotline at concerts, fairs, and community events.
• Post the national human trafficking hotline number on my website and/or blog.
• Ask a teacher, politician, or other local leader to talk about human trafficking and the national hotline.
• Dedicate my Facebook status to the hotline for a week.
• Tweet about the hotline on Twitter.
Polaris started this petition with a single signature, and now has 482 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.