- Bob JacksonAssociate Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Campaign Director
- Jeremiah JohnsonPresident of the Student Government Association
- Randy DunnPresident of Murray State University
- Constantine CurrisChair of the Murray State University Board of Regents
- Renee FisterFaculty Regent
- Phil SchooleyStaff Regent
- Don RobertsonVice President of Student Affairs
Murray State University: Cancel Senator Mitch McConnell's commencement address
Mitch McConnell will be speaking at Murray State's commencement on May 11, 2013. Why should the graduating class of 2013 have to sit through a commencement address from an elected official that doesn't care about students?
- Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Campaign Director
- President of the Student Government Association
- President of Murray State University
- Chair of the Murray State University Board of Regents
- Faculty Regent
- Staff Regent
- Vice President of Student Affairs
The decision to invite Mitch McConnell to speak at the MSU graduation ceremony was a mistake. He is a divisive political figure that will alienate a large percentage of students, faculty, and family members. This recent announcement has angered many of them and a petition to prevent his appearance has been started. Lots of people have already vowed to boycott the ceremony if Mitch McConnell delivers the commencement speech. We do not support his political agenda and do not believe that MSU should be supporting and financing his campaign when he has consistently voted against funding for financial aid, student loans, teachers, and schools. Please take our opposition seriously and do not interpret this as a politically motivated attack. We just want a speaker whom all students can respect and will appreciate because our 2013 graduates deserve better.
Ditch Mitch Murray State started this petition with a single signature, and now has 1,113 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.