- Jeff DenhamRepresentative
- Mike DunbarThe Modesto Bee, Opinions Editor
- Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors-Dick MonteithSupervisor for District 4
- Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors-Vito ChiesaSuervisor for District 2
- Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors-William O'BrienSupervisor for District 1
- Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors-Jim DeMartiniSupervisor for District 5
- Dave Cogdill, Jr.Councilman for District 6
- Jenny KenoyerCouncilwoman for District 5
- Bill ZoslockiCouncilman for District 4
- Dave LopezCouncilman for District 3
- Tony MadrigalCouncilman for District 2
- John GundersonCouncilman for District 1
- Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors-Terry WithrowSupervisor for Distrcit 3
- Garrad MarshMayor of Modesto
- California Governor
- Adam GrayState Representative
- Kevin ValineThe Modesto Bee
Modesto: Spare Wood Colony
With the annexation of Salida off the table of Modesto's General Plan, the spying and prying eyes of the city are now looking down upon our vibrant and fully employed community as easy chum for their pathways to oblivion.
Wood Colony already has jobs and the land is owned by county tax paying families. Those jobs include farming and teaching, just to name two of the most important socio-economic pieces of our backbone here in the Valley.
Some things are more important than money, elusive jobs, and a greedy fist full of quick dollars: FAMILY. I hope we can have the foresight to see the future and predict what Wood Colony will look like if our farmland is paved over, our schools taken away, and our families uprooted.
Wood Colony will become the most hellish place in all of Stanislaus County. And, if allowed, it will be the elected officials that we put into office, who will have done it to us.
- The Modesto Bee, Opinions Editor
- Supervisor for District 4
Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors-Dick Monteith
- Suervisor for District 2
Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors-Vito Chiesa
- Supervisor for District 1
Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors-William O'Brien
- Supervisor for District 5
Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors-Jim DeMartini
- Councilman for District 6
Dave Cogdill, Jr.
- Councilwoman for District 5
- Councilman for District 4
- Councilman for District 3
- Councilman for District 2
- Councilman for District 1
- Supervisor for Distrcit 3
Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors-Terry Withrow
- Mayor of Modesto
- California Governor
- California State Senate
- California State House
- State Representative
- The Modesto Bee
Spare Wood Colony-
Farmland is second only to water in this region when it comes to a commodity that everyone else wants. We have the abundance of both in good years, and plan with frugal intentions, during bad ones.
If we give up one or the other, farmland or water, we have lost what will be our saving resource when times get tougher than they already are.
Don't sell the farm in lieu of a quick fix to a long term problem. We need to retain the value of our community, as is, assuring the continued success to the City of Modesto and County of Stanislaus.
We must hold tight to that which we already have. The soil that would be paved over is the golden goose of this state. We need only to cultivate it to provide more jobs, by utilizing the fertile land that we already own, for its natural purpose.
Athens Abell started this petition with a single signature, and won with 1,117 supporters. Start a petition to change something you care about.