MIKA Dixon Act Protecting the rights of MWD
0 have signed. Let’s get to 10,000!
To strengthen the current rules on MWD's.
1) Change the wording from Adoption to Foster, if the dog is placed in a non-military position, like a police force.
2) The Military Handler becomes permanently attached to the dog, with their last name on all paperwork and part of the dogs name. The military handler must receive updates on all locations and medical information on the dog.
3) The military handler, can retire any service dog, upon their discretion. For instance, Mika worked too long. She suffered PTSD and should have been returned to John Dixon upon his return from his last deployment.
3) When the dog is done serving, in the military or civilian force, the dog must be returned to the Military Handler listed.
4) Only the Military Handler, can release and sign off on any adoption.
These changes would make it impossible for a Military dog and their Military handler to be permanently separated. It will prevent any cover up in paperwork, for MWD dogs like Mika. It will put the people who bonded the closest and first, in charge of their dogs.
Today: Jennifer is counting on you
Jennifer Nesslar needs your help with “Military Working Dog Adoption Form: MIKA Dixon Act Protecting the rights of MWD”. Join Jennifer and 7,677 supporters today.