Miami University Student Affairs: Expel the Person Responsible for the "Ten Ways to Get Away with Rape" List
This petition made change with 281 supporters!
Recently, a list was found in the men's bathroom at co-ed dorm McBride Hall on the Miami University Campus. On this list was a compilation of 'ten ways to get away with rape', a vile concoction of excuses and justifications for violation of women and glorification of sexual assault. Nobody has verified whether or not it's meant to be a joke, but that doesn't matter. Rape is not a joke, regardless of intention.
The list's specifics included tips for men on how to get away with rape, and ways to avoid being caught:
- “Put drugs in the woman’s drink, therefore she won’t remember you.”
- “When you see a woman walking by herself, take advantage of the fact that she is alone.”
- “Wear Protection.”
- "If you think she'll be able to identify you, slit her throat"
- “If a woman’s window is unlocked sneak in and rape her to teach her not to do it again”
- "Sex with an unconscious body does count, so don't back down if she's sleeping."
- “Honesty is the best policy. If a girl says she doesn’t want to have sex, tell her you’re going to have to get her drunk, slip some roofies in it and you’ll have her in bed in no time”
- “Practice makes perfect. The more you rape, the better you get at it”
- “Never take pictures with or give your number to the girl you rape”
- “RAPE RAPE RAPE. It’s college boys live it up!!!”
Personally victimizing a woman is not something ANYONE should joke about. Every person who looked at this, read it, and found it funny is in some way responsible, but the person who started it or wrote it should be held accountable, and should be expelled and face judicial action immediately. Men and women alike should be offended. It is a blatant disrespect and victimization of women, and also, it makes men out to be misogynistic rapists who cannot walk the streets without being a predator.
Today: Caitlin is counting on you
Caitlin O'Connor needs your help with “Miami University Student Affairs: Expel the Person Responsible for the "Ten Ways to Get Away with Rape" List”. Join Caitlin and 280 supporters today.