Fill the Vacant Seat on the Los Angeles Cultural Heritage Commission
This petition had 460 supporters
1. There are a number of key historic landmarking designations pending consideration by the Cultural Heritage Commission, among them the former Metropolitan Water District campus (William L. Pereira, 1963, located in CD1), Parker Center (Welton Becket & Associates and J. E. Stanton, 1955, located in CD14) and the Shepherd Residence adjacent to the Hannah Carter Japanese Garden (William J. Gage, 1938, located in CD5).
2. The Commission currently has a vacancy, leaving an even number of Commissioners, thus creating the likelihood of tie votes--as happened on September 15 with the Metropolitan Water District. A tie leaves these properties in limbo.
3. It would be important to fill the Commission vacancy as soon as possible, so that these decisions can be made.
4. Thus we urge and strongly request that the vacancy be filled quickly, so that affected communities, property owners and others concerned with the designation or clearance of properties can proceed in timely fashion.
5. We further strongly request that the Cultural Heritage Commissioners extend the period of consideration for determination of landmarking of the Metropolitan Water District, which expires on October 4, until such time as the vacancy on its board has been filled and the new Commissioner can cast the deciding, tie-breaking vote. Alternately, we request that a special meeting be called, assuming the position has been filled on or before October 4.
Today: LAVA - The Los Angeles Visionaries Association is counting on you
LAVA - The Los Angeles Visionaries Association needs your help with “Mayor Eric Garcetti: Fill the Vacant Seat on the Los Angeles Cultural Heritage Commission”. Join LAVA - The Los Angeles Visionaries Association and 459 supporters today.