- Martin O'MalleyGovernor of Maryland
- Joseph P. GillSecretary of Department of Natural Resources
- Richard NorlingLegislative Director, Department of Natural Resources
- Senator George EdwardsMaryland Senator
- Martin O'MalleyGovernor
Veto Sunday Hunting on State Lands Bills SB 472/HB 0406 and SB 473/HB 0432.
Help preserve access to public lands and preserve one day of peace per week. The Maryland Ornithological Society opposes expansion of Sunday Hunting. SB 472/HB 0406 would permit Sunday hunting on private and public land in Allegany, Garret, and Washington Counties. This would eliminate access to those public lands for all other taxpayers for 7 days a week, and would eliminate the one day a week those on neighboring lands can enjoy peace and security. SB 473/HB 0432 would expand deer hunting to Sunday in Allegany, Garret, Washington, and Frederick Counties, and could likewise deprive allothers of access to their public lands, and those on adjoining lands of peace and subject them to risk.
- Governor of Maryland
- Secretary of Department of Natural Resources
Joseph P. Gill
- Legislative Director, Department of Natural Resources
- Maryland Senator
Senator George Edwards
Please Veto Sunday Hunting on State Lands Bills SB472/HB0406 and SB473/HB0432 and preserve one day a week for your nonhunting constituents to enjoy state lands.
Maryland Ornithological Society started this petition with a single signature, and now has 449 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.