- Marc GarneauMinister of Transport
- Terry SheehanMember of Parliament
- Carol HughesMember of Parliament
Fund Mask-wa Oo-ta Ban (Bear Train) from Sault Ste. Marie to Hearst
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500.
ONTARIO’S 1st FIRST NATION TRAIN: Mask-wa Oo-ta Ban (Bear Train)
URGENT: Businesses, Communities & Residents Stranded
No more 2nd class treatment: Fund ONTARIO’S 1st FIRST NATION TRAIN like everywhere else in Canada
· Contributes to reconciliation through First Nation employment opportunities
· Only transportation into First Nation traditional territories, including spiritually significant locations
· Essential to regional economy, especially small business
· Accessible transportation
· Environmentally responsible transportation
· All-season transportation to remote wilderness for residents, recreationists & tourists, including snow train
· Unique train-in tourism corridor
- Road-less tourism
- First Nation tourism
- Francophone tourism
- Group of Seven tourism
· Train to regional health care & post-secondary education & French immersion
- Minister of Transport
- Prime Minister of Canada/Premier ministre du Canada
- Member of Parliament
- Minister of Indigenous and Northern Affairs
- Member of Parliament
There are residents and businesses that are stranded, the people need the passenger rail service to be restored now!
We will no longer accept second class treatment, you need to fund ONTARIO’S 1st FIRST NATION TRAIN just like everywhere else in Canada.
The train contributes to reconciliation through First Nation employment opportunities; it is also the only safe/reliable means of transportation into many First Nation traditional territories, including spiritually significant locations.
The Algoma Passenger Train is an essential asset to the regional economy, especially small businesses. Passenger rail is the only method of transportation to communities on the rail corridor.
It provides all-season reliable transportation to remote wilderness for residents, recreationists & tourists, including snow trains.
The passenger train also serves as an essential method of transportation to and from regional health care facilities, post-secondary and French immersion educational institutions.
There are also unique aspects to the train-in tourism corridor specifically:
• Road-less tourism
• First Nation tourism
• Francophone tourism
• Group of Seven tourism
Our government needs to take a step up NOW and service their people in the way that we all rightfully deserve!
Coalition for Algoma Passenger Trains (CAPT) started this petition with a single signature, and now has 311 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: Coalition for Algoma Passenger Trains (CAPT) is counting on you
Coalition for Algoma Passenger Trains (CAPT) needs your help with “Marc Garneau: Bring back funding for the Mask-wa Oo-ta Ban (Bear Train) from Sault Ste. Marie to Hearst”. Join Coalition for Algoma Passenger Trains (CAPT) and 310 supporters today.