CHANGE CHRISTMAS CAROLS BACK TO MANLY OVAL
This petition had 418 supporters
Further to the Manly Daily article, 19/11/2015 "CAROLS BY PUBLIGHT"
*To read the article click on above link, the current issue of the Manly Daily will appear. Go to the calendar top left and select 19 November. Article is front page "CAROLS BY PUBLIGHT", page 7 "Choral concert to move" and editorial on page 2 "Editor's desk"
The Manly Council Christmas Carols have been moved from Manly Oval to the beachfront/Corso for the first time in what Manly Council has described as a 'refresh' of the event. Now on a Friday night (usually a Thursday), December 11th, the road will be closed and a stage will face back up towards the Corso. You can 'bring a picnic', although there are no grassed areas at all. At the Oval there is ample room with a friendly, family vibe and secure fencing. This is a much loved annual event for the families of Manly and the Corso on a Friday night in December is not a great family venue. Please add your voice to ask Manly Council to reconsider their decision.
27/11 This is the program for the 'refreshed' Carols on the Corso
- Christmas gift stalls Sydney Rd markets.Open for gift buying from 3pm
- Santa and his sleigh at The Corso Christmas garden
- Children's rides
- Christmas animations on the large screens
- Face painting and roving entertainers, elves and fairies
- Orchestra and 150 Choir on stage
- Garden picnic area on The Corso
- Seating, hay bales and grassed areas
- Dancing groups
- Fireworks from 2 locations
Today: Katherine is counting on you
Katherine Carvalho needs your help with “Manly Council: CHANGE CHRISTMAS CAROLS BACK TO MANLY OVAL”. Join Katherine and 417 supporters today.