Mandate to install standard microfiber filters in washing machines
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Around 700,000 microscopic fibres could be released into wastewater during each use of a domestic washing machine. These microplastic & microfibres attract/ adsorb "toxic chemicals" known to cause cancer like PCBs, PBDE from its environment. They end up in Tap & Bottled water/ Fish/ Sea Salt/ Beer/ Honey/ Chicken/ Air etc. where they release these chemicals & may become lethal
The current filters in washing machines are not capable enough to filter these microfibers and this leak can be stopped, if we mandate installation of standard microfiber filters
- Audio: BBC Radio 4 - Microfibre Detectives
- Video: The Story Of Stuff Project - The Story of Microfibres
- Video: Sky Ocean Rescue - Plastics from our clothes is polluting oceans
- The Hidden Plastic In Our Dinner
- Plymouth University: Washing clothes releases thousands of microplastic particles into environment, study shows
- The Guardian - Stella McCartney calls for overhaul of 'incredibly wasteful' fashion industry
- More information & research
* Special thanks to Plymouth University for their groundbreaking work as always.
* Video Credit: Attn
* Photo Credit: Alexandra McGoran
Today: Dhruv is counting on you
Dhruv Boruah needs your help with “Mandate to install standard microfiber filters in washing machines”. Join Dhruv and 327 supporters today.