We need a Bank Track & Road Circuit in Logan, Australia to train future Olympians!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
An international standard bank track and road circuit in Logan, Australia at Cronulla Park would have a significant impact for Inline Speed Skating on a local, state, national and international level.
This facility would be the ONLY international standard facility in Australia and have a major impact for development of future Olympians and world class athletes; keeping kids safe, healthy and off the street, and increasing revenue for local business’. Plus be a venue for many other sporting groups and clubs.
Inline speed skating has no age or gender discrimination and has recently been accepted into the youth Olympics. This facility would put Logan City on the map as the home training ground for local, state, national, international and Olympic training teams. This facility would also allow Australia to host international events in Logan City with competitors travelling from around the country and world. Competitors will eat, stay and play in Logan increasing revenue for local businesses.
Currently there is no safe and reliable road training venue for junior and developing athletes in Logan City. There has been rapid growth in Inline Speed Skating in Logan in the last year, in particular in the junior category. Since the changes to The Water Tower venue at Springwood inline speed skaters have lost a training venue that had been used for over 30 years to train beginner skaters to world class athletes. A venue at Cronulla Park would:
- secure a safe venue for kids to skate away from busy roads,
- help to keep kids off the street,
- get more kids into this growing sport,
- promote healthy lifestyle, and
- offer an option as an inter-school sports for primary and secondary schools.
Inline speed skating has NO venues in Logan for road training and NO venues in Australia with an international standard bank track!
We NEED this venue to support the growth of one of the Olympics newest sports, to train junior, senior and masters athletes, keep kids safe and healthy and host national and international events which will support local businesses.
This venue will also benefits a variety of other sports including: roller derby, ice-skating cross training, cycling, triathlons, cyclocross, para-cycling, remote controller cars.
Make Logan City the home of Inline Speed Skating in Australia!
Please support the construction of Australia’s only bank track and road circuit by signing this petition! For more information about the Cronulla Park development at Slacks Creek click here.
This facility has the Official Support of the following clubs and organisations:
- Skate Australia, President Karen Doyle
- SkateNZ, New Zealand Federation of Roller Sports
- BONT Skates,
- Logan City Inline Speed Skating Club - Queensland
- Skate Queensland
- Skate Western Australia
- Stafford Speed Skating Club - Queensland
- Speed Zone Roller Sports Club - Queensland
- Eltham Speed Skating Club - Victoria
- South Canterbury Club and Head Coach Bill Begg (Officer of the New Zealand Order of Merit)
- The Oak Flats Club - New South Wales
- Bunbury Roller Skating Club - Western Australia
- Sk8house Speed - Victoria
- South Woodham Ferrers Roller Speed Skating Club - United Kingdom
- Roos Short Track Speed Skating Club, Ice Skating - Brisbane
- DreamSport Photography, Tim Miller - Brisbane, Queensland
- Transitional Support Counselling Business, Counselling Services Director, Emily Rotta - Springwood, Queensland
- Logan Cycling Club - Queensland
- Logan Triathlon Club - Queensland
- Ipswich Cycling Clubo - Queensland
Today: Catherine is counting on you
Catherine Tucker needs your help with “Logan City Council: We need a Bank Track & Road Circuit in Logan to train future Olympians!”. Join Catherine and 659 supporters today.