Save the Murphy-Jeffries Building from Demolition

0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!


Located at 2901-2903 MLK, Jr. Boulevard, the Murphy-Jeffries building was constructed in 1925 by the Murphy family as a residential and commercial structure. In 1963, the building was purchased and remodeled by Andrew Jeffries, the first African-American agent at Block Realty Company, the first African-American broker in the city, and the first African-American bail bondsman in the state. It was also the office of Civil Rights Attorney Christopher C. Mercer, who worked on desegregation during the 1957 Central High crisis. It is listed on the Arkansas Register of Historic Places. 

The Jeffries family is determined to preserve and restore their father's building. The earnest effort to save the structure has been ongoing since the city Board of Directors approved demolition in 2018. It is still on the demolition list. Help the QQA and the Jeffries family save this building that is so important to Little Rock history. 

Let the Mayor, the City Board of Directors, the City Manager, and the Planning & Development Director know that we don't want this building demolished. Ask them to consider removing it from the demolition list as soon as possible.