Let's Re-engage Our Older Workers
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
It’s time for Australia to re-engage its older workers back into the workforce to boost Australia’s economy. Read related post - older workers set to boost the economy
Increasing the employment of older people will have extraordinary benefits for Australia. With just an increase of 5 per cent of Australian's over the age of 55 in paid employment, the economy would be boosted by $78 billion each year. With an increasing economic burden on the declining proportion of taxpayers less than 60 years old, we can mitigate this impact by re-engaging with our older workers.
As a society, we need to better understand and prepare for the impending issues facing older workers. Crucial to responding to these complex issues is breaking down the silos and creating a cross-discipline and cross-generation approach.
This petition advocates for government, business and the community to:
- Re-think and build a positive multi-layered strategy for older workers (underemployed and unemployed).
- Create more comprehensive reporting about the profile of the older workforce.
- Influence corporate leadership through professional associations to change their approach for a more inclusive recruitment process.
- Re-think government-funded internships targeting under-employed older workers.
- Re-engage in collaborative partnerships and funding opportunities between universities and industry.
- Introduce a 5% recruitment quota for older workers by government, business and the community.
To build the conversation for older workers, share this petition to bring about real change in the Australian society.
We are keen to hear your comments and stories about being an older worker and the barriers that you encounter each day in getting a job.
Complete the survey or email your comments or stories to Re-think Re-engage Australia Inc. - email@example.com
Today: Tony is counting on you
Tony Wiggins needs your help with “Let's Re-engage Our Older Workers”. Join Tony and 93 supporters today.