Leave General Granbury Alone
0 have signed. Let’s get to 7,500!
To whom it may concern;
It has come to our attention that a petition suggesting the statue of General Granbury be removed from our town square is circulating on social media. The citizens of Hood County request that the aforementioned petition be ignored for the following reasons:
1. He's not hurting anyone. Statues aren't racist. People are racist. Statues don't hate. People hate.
2. Removing the statue may lead to demands of changing both the names of the town and county. This will only waste time and money. Our lives will not change for the better.
3. His body is in the cemetery. Are we going to dig him up? Where do we draw the line?
4. He is part of our history.
5. The other petition is stupid. And racist.
6. More people in this town want him left alone than want him gone.
7. The other petition does not reflect the true wishes of the town's Hispanic community. More Hispanic citizens have signed this petition than the one claiming to represent Hood County Hispanics.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Most of Granbury
I'm adding this message at 3900 signitures:
When I made this petition I had no idea how far it would travel. I supported keeping this statue not because General Granbury was an especially good man but because tearing him down will not help. It's pointless. We can tear down every monument in the South and it will not matter. Statues don't matter. People matter. If we tear down this statue, the next day we'll be fighting about the name of the town, the name of county, the names of streets and rivers. Will we burn the world down because it's offensive!? If we do not change what is in our hearts, nothing will ever get better. I urge you, I beg you, brothers and sisters stop fighting each other. Stop tearing things down. We are all brothers and sisters in the eyes of the Lord. Like mama used to say, "Is this where y'all want to be when Jesus comes back?" What do we learn by destroying things? What do we gain by hating? Statues are inanimate objects. False idols. They are meaningless. I don't love that statue. I love you. Every one of you. Christ loves you too even when we reject him. Please love each other. That's all I have to say. God bless you all
Today: Elisha is counting on you
Elisha Arms needs your help with “Leave General Granbury Alone!”. Join Elisha and 5,118 supporters today.