- Lib PeckLeader, Lambeth Council
- Sue FosterExecutive Director of Housing, Regeneration and Environment, Lambeth Council
- Sean HarrissChief Executive, Lambeth Council
- Matthew BennettChair of Housing, Lambeth Council
Lambeth 'the cooperative' (sic) Council: Stop the co-op housing evictions !
Lambeth Council is forcing people from their homes of up to 40 years, homes they have struggled to improve and bring up from a derelict state to a liveable one.
We believe this is an outrage.
Families and vulnerable people, including elderly residents, are among those threatened with eviction from their housing co-op homes which Lambeth (a so-called 'co-operative council'!) then sell-off.
This disposals policy is to make up for a shortfall in Lambeth's budget, due in part to years of fraud and mismanagement in Lambeth's housing department.Whole communities are being wiped off the map. This is no way to raise funds. Send a message to Lambeth, and all Local Authorities, that money grabbing on resident-improved properties is shameful and should be illegal. It is time to stop this social cleansing, please help us protect those at risk by signing this petition.
For more information please click on this link to Lambeth United Housing Co-op.
- Leader, Lambeth Council
- Executive Director of Housing, Regeneration and Environment, Lambeth Council
- Chief Executive, Lambeth Council
- Chair of Housing, Lambeth Council
Stop the 'short-life' co-op evictions and sell-offs !
Money grabbing on resident-improved homes is shameful.
Lambeth United Housing Co-operative started this petition with a single signature, and now has 3,037 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.