The plans are for a large resort with three racetracks - a playground for the rich - in a environmentally sensitive area of Southern Alberta containing threatened bird species and at least one critically endangered plant species. Not only that but the plan includes potential problems with wildlife habitat and migration, wetland preservation, noise pollution, erosion, road access & traffic and the lifestyle degradation of farmers and townspeople and those who depend on the current flow of tourists to the surrounding area.
- Division #1 Councillor, County of Kneehill
- Division #2 Councillor, County of Kneehill
- Division #3 Councillor, County of Kneehill
- Division #4 Councillor, County of Kneehill
- Division #5 Councillor, County of Kneehill
- Division #6 Councillor, County of Kneehill
- Division #7 Councillor, County of Kneehill
Please stop the development of Badlands Motorsports Resort in an environmentally significant area. I do not believe that it is an appropriate use of the land and the risks of potential damage far outweigh any possible benefits.
Randall Wiebe started this petition with a single signature, and now has 1,043 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.