Keep dog racing out of South Africa
This petition made change with 18,088 supporters!
GREY2K USA has just received word of a renewed push to bring dog racing to the country of South Africa! Please sign our petition to stop the expansion of this cruelty now.
In addition, we ask that you join with us in sending official public comments to Kenneth Mak, Director-General of the Department of Industry and Trade, who will be deciding this issue. He must receive your official comments no later than June 23, 2014. Read our letter here.
- Greyhound racing is a dying industry worldwide
- Thousands of greyhounds suffer serious injuries and some also die while racing
- Many healthy dogs are also killed once their usefulness ends
- When not racing, greyhounds are confined in small cages for at least 20 hours a day
- The breeding of greyhounds will contribute to the challenge of placing homeless animals
- Greyhound racing is illegal in South Africa and should remain so
Thank you to our friends at the National Council of Societies for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (NSPCA) for alerting us to this situation. Together, we can prevent the suffering and deaths of gentle greyhounds, but we must act now.
Today: GREY2K USA Worldwide is counting on you
GREY2K USA Worldwide needs your help with “Kenneth Mak: Keep dog racing out of South Africa”. Join GREY2K USA Worldwide and 18,087 supporters today.