Give the Innocent Matthew Ryan Ailer A Fair And Just Sentence (Matt Ailer)
This petition had 454 supporters
Matthew Ryan Joseph Ailer was wrongfully charged with obtaining or exerting unauthorized control over workers’ compensation benefits (Not Fraud) on his October 16th 2011 workers’ compensation claim in Missoula Montana. On December 11th 2015, Matthew was found guilty, and now the wrongful prosecution has become a wrongful conviction. Matthew did not commit this crime and his innocence can be proven. Please see this petition for the overview and more details (https://www.change.org/p/montana-governor-steve-bullock-please-overturn-the-wrongful-conviction-of-matthew-ryan-ailer-matt-ailer), and this site for full details (site). We will prove through those sites that he did not commit this crime, that he was wrongfully charged and convicted, and that his defense in court was not allowed to bring in crucial evidence that would have proven his innocence.
The ultimate goal is to overturn this wrongful conviction and restore Matthew’s faith in himself and the world around him. In the meantime, he will be sentenced for this wrongful conviction before we can get it overturned. For this petition, the goal is to remind Judge Kathy Seeley to give Matthew a fair and just sentence – a deferred sentence.
- Matthew suffers from Conversion Disorder, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Major Depression Disorder, and Suicide Ideation.
- Matthew has no criminal record and has been a business owner and an inventor who was wrongfully convicted of a crime he didn’t commit
- Jeffery Raymond Russell is a prior convicted felon in at least two different states – Montana (Montana Convicts and conweb) and California. His Montana record includes stalking and theft while his California record includes forgery, possession/manufacturing/selling of dangerous drugs, writing bad checks, and under the influence of a controlled substance.
- Chelsea Mae Chafee is a prior convicted felon in at least two different states – Montana (Montana Convicts and conweb) and Washington. Her Montana record includes theft, burglary, and criminal mischief (arson), while her Washington record includes criminal possession of dangerous drugs and obstructing a peace officer.
- Dr. John Jurist, a state expert witness, testified that if Russell and Chafee had actually put that machine on Matthew that he would have at the very minimum suffered broken ribs to very serious bodily harm. He also testified that Russell and Chafee’s stories were impossible, and that Matthew would have suffered very serious injuries. Matthew went to the hospital less than an hour later after the accident, and the reports from the emergency room doctors did not find any bruising, marks, or broken bones. He went to the hospital because he feared the numbness on the right side of his body.
- Chelsea Chafee and Jeffery Raymond Russell lied during the investigation and gave false testimony during the trial.
- State investigators didn’t understand Conversion Disorder and how it currently affects Matthew. While on the stand, Butch Huseby (state investigator) was asked if he had investigated Conversion Disorder. His answer – “Does Google count?”
The court could sentence him from a maximum sentence of 10 years in the Montana State Prison and a $50,000 fine plus restitution, to a deferred sentence, or to a suspended sentence.
A suspended sentence is a legal term for a judge's delaying of a defendant's serving of a sentence after they have been found guilty in order to allow the defendant to perform a period of probation. The charge of theft will never come off his record.
A deferred sentence is a sentence that is suspended until after a defendant has completed a period of probation. If the defendant fulfills the stipulations surrounding probation, a judge may then throw out the sentence and guilty verdict, which would clear the incident from their record.
We believe Matthew should receive a deferred sentence and this would provide some justice for him as he didn’t commit this crime and was wrongfully convicted. The sentencing will be on January 21, 2016, so please sign this petition to support a deferred sentence for Matthew Ryan Ailer.
We are asking everyone to stand beside Matthew and support him in this very distressing time in his life. Thank you for reading and signing this petition!
Today: Friends and Family of is counting on you
Friends and Family of Matthew Ailer needs your help with “Judge Kathy Seeley, Helena Probation and Parole: Give the Innocent Matthew Ryan Ailer A Fair And Just Sentence (Matt Ailer)”. Join Friends and Family of and 453 supporters today.