Appeal to have a Public Consultation on SM Sky Ranch project.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 7,500!
SM City Baguio is putting up an amusement park named Sky Ranch. This Sky Ranch will provide various state-of-the-art rides which people could patronise and enjoy their visit to the mall.
The City Council passed a Resolution No. 303 series 2018, which urges SM City Baguio and Sky Ranch Amusement Park Baguio to conduct public consultation on the social acceptability of their amusement park and recreation facility project. However Mayor Mauricio Domogan didn't sign the resolution making it moot.
Why the need for Public Consultation?
- The city’s CBD already has intense commercial activities with all the banking and finance centres, the mall centres, the internet services centres, the city’s public market, Hotels and restaurants, the SMEs and the tourist destinations, like Burnham Park, Cathedral and even SM. Moreover, institutional buildings, like private schools/universities, regional offices, and residential abodes are found therein. All these activities have congested the CBD and has caused traffic jam, pollution, and problems on peace and order. - (CLUP 2013-2023)
- The Central Business District (CBD) serves as the central point of activity. The area is zoned as Commercial C1, which will allow specific uses as identified in the Zoning Ordinance. (CLUP 2013-2023) Under the Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance No. 63, s2016: Section 10. Permitted Uses, Item D, Low Density Commercial Zone (C1) an Amusement Park is not allowed.
- Under the National Building Code of the Philippines Group C - Education and Recreation (Institutional) Division C-1: only amusement halls and parlours is allowed.
The benefits of having a Public Consultation to the citizens of Baguio
- How this structure will impact the citizens of Baguio
- How this structure will impact the vehicular and pedestrian traffic flow
- Whether this project will benefit the citizens of Baguio or cause inconvenience
- Whether this project complements the identity, character and heritage of Baguio City.
In the words of the Mayor himself, spoken during the Kapihan sa Baguio dated October 10 at Baguio City Hall on the occasion of the launching of the activities for the Creative City, he mentioned the "development of other areas within the (Cordillera) region" in order to facilitate decongestion of Baguio City. Further, he also mentioned that there are "other doable and creative things that we can do in the meantime to PRESERVE our City..."
It is clear that the above Skyranch project contradicts the Mayor's own words as it will even contribute further to traffic and congestion to the already congested CBD.
Here is the video link: Just jump to the end part were everyone is sharing their closing remarks. countdown timer at -4:26
Today: Joseph is counting on you
Joseph Claridades needs your help with “Joseph Claridades: Appeal to Mayor Mauricio Domogan to have a Public Consultation on SM Sky Ranch project.”. Join Joseph and 5,285 supporters today.