Protecting California’s Modded Car Culture
0 have signed. Let’s get to 10,000!
California’s modified car & truck culture scenes are arguably the most trendsetting scenes for modified car & truck culture throughout the world, yet we face laws that are specifically targeted at us purely based on our lifestyle.
- We can’t have Cold Air Intakes on our vehicles because...street racing? Really?
- We can’t have aftermarket exhaust systems for our vehicles because...noise?
- We can’t have our vehicles too low or too high because...happiness?
These 3 laws that we face are a small example of the clear miseducation of our state’s law makers on our culture as well as the functionality of MOST of our modifications.
- Cold Air Intakes: increase air flow into the motor thus allowing you to utilize less gasoline when driving normally. Does it increase horsepower? Yes, but by 3-7hp. There is no one buying a cold air intake to go “street racing”.
- Aftermarket Exhaust: assists the air flow through the motor thus helping increase gas mileage. Are they typically louder? Sometimes. But with the current law allowing for tickets to be issued on the sight of aftermarket exhaust, how would you know?
- Ride Height Restrictions: lowering a vehicle can increase aerodynamics thus increasing handling as well as gas mileage. Raising a truck’s height can help with clearance in certain conditions.
It is my opinion that these laws aren’t what threatens our culture. It’s our lack of having a unified voice to lobby against these laws is what threatens us. So with this petition, I want us to collect 100,000 signatures of California Modded Car Culture enthusiasts so that we can form our own lobbying power against these laws.
Today: Taj is counting on you
Taj Turner needs your help with “Jean Shiomoto: Protecting California’s Modded Car Culture”. Join Taj and 9,329 supporters today.