Stop unfair billing practices by Huntington Sanitary Board
This petition had 316 supporters
Over the last several months a growing trend has occurred with the Huntington Sanitary Board. Termination notices have been issued days before or even after water shut off. Bills with no past due are received after shutoff. Multiple bills with varying fees or accounts sent to the same customer.
The Board states they are trying to collect past due bills of greater than 60 days. They have issued request for the water company to shut off water for less than 3,000 customers but claim to have over 7,000 60 day delinquent bills. At least some of those shutoff request have been just 30 days delinquent or due to poor record management of the Board.
We are asking the Huntington Sanitary Board to make the following changes:
1. Repair their billing system to include 1 bill/account per service address that includes all fees each month.
2. Change policy to only request shutoff of water for those who are greater than 60 days past due and have been notified prior to request by phone, mail and notice on their door.
3. Refund all disconnect/reconnect fees they have collected since issuing shutoff request after only 30 days delinquent.
4. Issue apology to the residents of Huntington, WV for their mistreatment due to neglectful billing practices.
5. Change termination practice from minimum allowed by Public Service Commission Rule 150-05 to the more commonly practiced by other utilities to 60 days delinquent accounts.
Today: John is counting on you
John McAulay needs your help with “Huntington Sanitary Board: Stop unfair billing practices by Huntington Sanitary Board”. Join John and 315 supporters today.