Plastic bottle deposit scheme in the UK to encourage recycling
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Many countries have a scheme which allows you to take your plastic bottles back to the shop and in return get the money back for the packaging you paid for when you bought it. I experienced this when I lived in Germany and it' works well for a number of reasons:
1. It encourages recycling.
2. It's great when you get a little money back!
3. Homeless people and anyone strapped for cash help out too, because they know it can get them money. You would get people coming up to you actually asking if they could recycle the bottle for you.
4. Supermarkets get customers coming back because often the bottle deposit machine was inside there stores.
5. It stops plastic bottles entering our oceans which is better for marine life and also for your beach holidays.
So why don't we have this in the UK? I'd like to know. 35 million bottles get discarded every day in the UK, Greenpeace shares.
Please sign this petition to create change and stop waste. It may seem like it won' t make a difference, it's easy to be sceptical but:
- this petition will be shared with many politicians courtesy of Change.org
- If you want to see some examples of petitions that were actually successul in creating change, go to:
I also encourage sign Greenpeace's petition on the same topic, to create double the impact:
Cheers for reading!
Today: Finola is counting on you
Finola Billings needs your help with “How about a bottle deposit scheme in the UK to encourage recycling?”. Join Finola and 234 supporters today.