Veto Senate Bill 1387 (Mandatory Ultrasound Bill)
This petition had 3,577 supporters
Senate bill 1387, better known as the Mandatory Ultrasound bill, would mandate that women who are seeking an abortion would be required to have a mandatory Ultrasound. This is a case of government overreach into the the private lives of Idaho Citizens and interferes in a joint medical process between a family and their doctor.
• SB 1387 is government intrusion by writing into statute a specific medical procedure that may not be necessary.
• This requirement inserts politicians into the medical room and sets aside doctors and the patient.
• Currently, government mandated medical procedures are only done on those arrested for criminal offenses or for the mentally ill, and neither are required to pay for it.
• The standard of care in the medical profession needs to remain with doctors NOT in the government's hand.
• The bill places a financial burden on women who must have the ultrasound done; thus placing a discriminatory financial barrier on poor women.
• There needs to be a medical exception where a doctor can exercise judgement for terminating wanted pregnancies that result in early fetal complications
Contact Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter
By phone at (208)-334-2100
By email: http://gov.idaho.gov/ourgov/contact.html
By Fax (208)-334-3454
Today: Christopher is counting on you
Christopher Cooke needs your help with “Governor C.L. "Butch" Otter: Veto Senate Bill 1387 (Mandatory Ultrasound Bill)”. Join Christopher and 3,576 supporters today.