Improve traffic condition in Bangladesh
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
According to the police report, 2529 people die in road accidents in Bangladesh every year. Its about 7 deaths per day. With the rapid increase of vehicles and road network - these numbers may increase drastically in the near future unless actions are taken NOW.
Some actions that must be taken immediately:
- Draw dotted and solid white lines on roads to clearly mark lanes. Slow vehicles must go in the right lane and fast vehicles in the left lane.
- Put STOP sign at the intersection of 4 or 3 roads. At the stop sign, the vehicle that stopped first - will go first.
- Put SPEED LIMIT signs and use auto-speed detection technology to detect over-speeding vehicles.
- Enforce strict law to obey traffic lights using camera-based technology. Encourage people to follow traffic lights even though the road seems empty and no one is watching.
- The public should inform by phone/text to a special anti-corruption office whenever he/she finds a police is taking a bribe. Every police must have a unique ID displayed on his/her shirt.
- Draw frequent zebra-crossings for pedestrians for crossing roads.
- No unnecessary horn to reduce sound pollution.
- Use breathalyzers in highway checkpoints to test alcohol consumption of the drivers.
Today: People of Bangladesh is counting on you
People of Bangladesh needs your help with “Government of The People’s Republic of Bangladesh: Improve traffic condition in Bangladesh”. Join People of Bangladesh and 192 supporters today.