Build the Bridge and Bridge the Gap: A gateway between Endwell and Vestal
0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
Within the Greater Binghamton area is a Transportation and Community Gap. That Gap exists between the Communities of Endwell (Town of Union), the Town of Vestal and access to State Route 17 / future Interstate 86. This division is created by the lack of a bridge over the Susquehanna River between Endwell and Vestal and creates unnecessary car and truck congestion on the Vestal Parkway and unnecessary travel distance to Vestal from Endwell and return.
We believe the Hamlet of Endwell (Town of Union) and the Town of Vestal should have a bridge that provides auto, bicycle and walking capability between the two communities connecting Hooper Road in Endwell to the Sycamore or Africana Road area in the Town of Vestal.
Additionally, East and West access (on and Off) to I-86 would be provided from Vestal. A current westbound exit would remain for Endwell while a new eastbound exit would be added from I-86. Additionally, a westbound entrance to I-86 from Endwell would be added leaving the current eastbound entrance from the George F Highway.
A multipurpose bridge would allow a 24 x 7 connection and reliable access for everyone to commute between the communities and services offered. Additionally, this would also alleviate congestion within the Vestal Parkway corridor and also allow better for access between the communities and the highway.
This proposal would benefit residents of both Vestal and Endwell, as well as the entire Greater Binghamton community and transportation and emergency response system.
This solution would:
- Reduce traffic congestion through and around the Vestal Parkway, (Old) Vestal road and Route 201 areas.
- Provide quicker and more convenient access to Interstate 86 for residents, out of area shoppers and trucking.
- Reduce the number of trucks and other vehicles traveling Route 434 / Vestal parkway.
- Add a necessary alternate route for emergency vehicles and residents to exit or enter both communities when other roads are flooded or blocked by unexpected circumstances.
- Generate new opportunities for residents on both sides of the river.
- Generate and Expand new opportunities and investment created by better community access.
- Increase patronage for local businesses within both communities.
- Increase business patronage through better access for highway travelers.
- Promote healthy lifestyles by creating a bicycle and pedestrian lane to bridge the communities together.
- Reduce distances residents must travel to get to either community.
- Decrease emissions and improve air quality.
- Connect communities and better showcase the communities.
- Better meet 21st Century transportation and community needs.
We, the undersigned residents, respectfully request that each of our elected public officials including, local supervisors and boards, state and federal representatives make building a bridge connecting Endwell (Town of Union) and the Town of Vestal your highest priority and that you work diligently to get approvals, funding and construction completed within the next three to five years.
For copies of the petition to place in your business please contact:
Lic Assoc Real Estate Broker
Exit Realty Vestal NY
Today: Robert is counting on you
Robert Potochniak needs your help with “Fred Akshar: Build the Bridge and Bridge the Gap: A gateway between Endwell and Vestal”. Join Robert and 2,802 supporters today.