Do not allow companies to list things as “spices”/proprietary on allergen labels

Do not allow companies to list things as “spices”/proprietary on allergen labels

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!

Roughly 90% of allergic reactions happen to the top 8 ingredients that are required to be labeled by the FDA. That leaves roughly 10% of the 200,000 cases of allergic reactions that require emergency medical care NOT being related to the top 8 (dairy, egg, soy, gluten/wheat, peanut, tree nut, fish, shellfish). Sesame, celery, corn and mustard allergies are on the rise. So much so that they make up the top 12 allergen list, but not only are these not labeled but they are simply labeled “spices”.

We need to eliminate food and body product labeling that is just glossed over into “spices”, “scents” and “proprietary ingredients” and force companies to label every single ingredient in plain language. 

Join me in making sure that everyone stays safe and avoids allergic reactions! Support those with non top 8 allergies!

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!