I pledge to spend five minutes talking with a friend or a stranger about why scientific inquiry should not be an exception but the rule in developing national policies.
One of the biggest challenges facing our world is the politicization of science and erosion of scientific facts in political debates.
Unfortunately, this is nothing new. Anti-science views have been and continue to be prevalent in a wide range of national debates, including security policy, health care, stem cell research, evolution, energy solutions, causes of pollution, climate change, among many other issues that affect our lives each and every day. There are usually no easy answers. These complex issues require rigorous scientific analysis.
If you believe that the disregard of science is a threat to the future security of the United States and the international community, then please sign our petition below to show your support!
By signing the petition below you also pledge to spend five minutes talking about this issue with a friend or a stranger. Only through factual, non-partisan dialogue, can we fight against the politicization of science, and create a more informed world!
FAS asks that you please opt-in – and provide your email address – so that we may keep you informed on all of our critical efforts to make the world more secure through science.
We petition the international community to end the politicization of science, by taking the following actions:
• Declare that good policy comes from informed decisions based on facts.
• Support scientists and engineers running for public office.
• Bring serious scientists together to solve the most challenging issues through non-partisan technical analysis.
• Stop exploiting differences in public opinion on science-based issues by playing partisan politics and relying on anti-science views.
• Pledge to bring an end to invoking misrepresented expertise to justify a course of action.
• Minimize interaction with advocacy groups that increasingly rely on anti-science experts to justify their issue stance.
To further show our passion for this cause, we pledge to spend five minutes today discussing this issue with a friend or a stranger. It is our belief that it is only through factual, non-partisan dialogue, can we fight against the politicization of science, and create a more informed world!