Facebook rescind the ban of legal sales of livestock on your site! Help protect farmers!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500.
Facebook has recently started cracking down on all animals sales, but in doing so they are harming the millions of people on Facebook who use the site to sell legal livestock, farm implements related to livestock, animal husbandry services and items, and the adoption of said animals that are in need. Responsible farmers and ranchers do NOT support puppy mills, animal flipping, or other abusive practices but we DO support the sale of legal livestock designed for farm work or human consumption and the adoption of needy animals through Facebook pages and groups.
Farmer's, ranchers, and rural families NEED Facebook to advertise the legal sale of livestock and related items because it...
- Allows rural individuals to connect with others in their area in a way that cannot be accomplished on other networking or sales sites.
- Allows animals owners to screen potential buyers and buyers to screen potential sellers. There is no anonymity on Facebook which allows for the ability to remove animals hoarders and flippers from groups.
- Allows people to network to purchase and sell organic raised meats ready for consumption without having to buy from overcrowded feedlots.
- Sales by farmers and ranchers directly to the public create self sufficiency and overall better animal welfare.
Removing the legal sale of livestock and related items from Facebook can potentially...
- Enable animal flippers and hoarders to go back to working anonymously.
- Increase the number of horses slaughtered if owners aren't able to find the horses a home through sales and adoptions and are forced to take them to public auction where kill buyers frequently lurk.
- Reduce the self sustainability of rural families who rely on the sales of livestock to provide financial support.
Please consider changing these rules to help support legal livestock sales.
Farmers and Ranchers everywhere
- Founder and CEO at Facebook
Facebook rescind the ban of legal livestock site on your site and protect farmers! Banning the sale of livestock, livetock services, and animal husbandry items HURTS MILLIONS OF AMERICAN FARMERS, RANCHERS, AND RURAL CITIZENS who use Facebook to be financially self sufficient. Facebook also allows people to screen buyers and avoid animal flippers and hoarders because there is not anonimity. Banning animal sales and adoptions with fees may also cause more horses and other equines to go to slaughter if owners cannot find suitable homes easily. The ban can negatively impact other adoption efforts as well. Help us help people and animals in need who, through Facebook, are helped every day!
Farmers and Ranchers United started this petition with a single signature, and now has 1,540 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: Farmers and Ranchers United is counting on you
Farmers and Ranchers United needs your help with “Facebook rescind the ban of legal sales of livestock on your site! Help protect farmers!”. Join Farmers and Ranchers United and 1,539 supporters today.