- Lancashire County CouncilLancashire County Council, PO Box 78, County Hall, Fishergate, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 8JX
- Chris AnslowPublic Transport Policy Manager, Lancashire County Council
- Blackpool CouncilTown Hall, Talbot Square, Blackpool FY1 1AD
- Fylde CouncilFylde Borough Council, The Town Hall, St Annes Road West, Lytham St Annes, Lancashire, FY8 1LW
- County Councillor Tim AshtonLytham Lancashire County Councillor
- County Councillor Peter BuckleySt Annes North County Councillor
- County Councillor Fabian Craig-WilsonSt Annes South County Councillor
- Mark EvansHead of Planning and Regeneration, Fylde Council
- Allan OldfieldChief Executive, Fylde Council
- County Councillor Jennifer MeinLeader, Lancashire County Council
Extend the Blackpool Tramway to Lytham.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000.
Extending the Blackpool Tramway to South Fylde, along with the already approved Blackpool North Station link, will provide an integrated, modern transport system on the Fylde Coast.
Efficient transport is a critical component of economic development. As local campaigners, Trams to Lytham believe passionately that light rail can and must have a greater role in the overall transport plan for the Fylde Coast, delivering the network the region deserves and so badly needs to become an integral part of the 'Northern Powerhouse'.
Linking Blackpool's ever popular tramway (which recently had its highest annual passenger count in 10 years) to the South Fylde Line will solve many of the issues facing the whole of the Fylde Coast. LRT will bring a cheap, reliable and more frequent service that the inadequate route so desperately craves (whether it be line conversion or parallel routing).
Better transport links are also needed to provide more job opportunities to the area, with cheap, quick connections to future economic centres like the Blackpool Airport Enterprise Zone and the Talbot Gateway development possible through LRT. Satisfaction of the service would be extremely high, as the current tramway is a winner of a TripAdvisor certificate and has around 96% service approval rates, in stark contrast to the current South Fylde service.
Travelling to St Anne’s or Lytham from Blackpool is difficult and lengthy, and neither the current outdated hourly train service or the often unreliable buses are satisfactory for either local or regional travel. A tramway service on the South Fylde Line would vastly improve both of these important issues, and we hope that, alongside any heavy rail improvements, serious consideration is given to create a tram/train/bus interchange on the route and that this option can be taken forward by Lancashire County Council and Blackpool Council.
Light rail has been a revolution in towns and cities across the whole of Europe in recent decades, with Manchester being the nearest and arguably one of the most successful systems to date. Green, efficient transport has proven to be the economic way forward, and the Fylde borough should not miss out on its huge transport potential.
Our public support has grown significantly over the past few years, and we acknowledged that there is a strong local will for such a service, which can be clearly seen on our social media pages.
We hope that you agree and sign and share this petition.
PLEASE NOTE: We are not proposing a tram service along Clifton Drive.
Trams to Lytham Facebook: www.facebook.com/tramstolytham
Trams to Lytham Twitter: @tramstolytham
Trams to Lytham Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lancashire County Council, PO Box 78, County Hall, Fishergate, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 8JX
Lancashire County Council
- Public Transport Policy Manager, Lancashire County Council
- Town Hall, Talbot Square, Blackpool FY1 1AD
- Fylde Borough Council, The Town Hall, St Annes Road West, Lytham St Annes, Lancashire, FY8 1LW
- Lytham Lancashire County Councillor
County Councillor Tim Ashton
- St Annes North County Councillor
County Councillor Peter Buckley
- St Annes South County Councillor
County Councillor Fabian Craig-Wilson
- Head of Planning and Regeneration, Fylde Council
- Chief Executive, Fylde Council
- Leader, Lancashire County Council
County Councillor Jennifer Mein
Please extend the Blackpool Tramway to St Anne's and Lytham.
Doing this will provide, an integrated, modern transport system on the Fylde Coast.
Trams to Lytham started this petition with a single signature, and now has 2,691 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: Trams is counting on you
Trams to Lytham needs your help with “Extend the Blackpool Tramway to Lytham.”. Join Trams and 2,690 supporters today.