- European States Gorvernments
Make them informed!Ask your State to inform citizens on EU health rights
ACN drafted a Manifesto for the implementation, in particular for the Right of European Patients to make an informed choice, because we believe that the implementation of this principle, contained in the Directive, shall allow all patients to access services better adapted to their personal requirements, both abroad and in their own country/region.
For a real patient-centered implementation, citizens’ organisations must be involved in the transposition processes in all Member States. They shall have their say on all national provisions implementing the text, especially those regarding information of citizens and the reimbursement of costs of cross-border healthcare, which both heavily condition the effectiveness of the right to make an informed choice.
For this reason we would like to work in our countries from now on to participate in the implementation processes and monitor closely the development and the results of the transposition processes in all EU Member States.
1. The Directive 2011/24/EU on the application of patients’ rights in cross-border healthcare is an opportunity to enhance the rights of all European citizens with respect to healthcare services, since national citizens will also benefit from a number of provisions initially planned to protect the rights of cross-border patients.
3. The right of patients “to make an informed choice” (art. 4 § 1.b) officially recognizes the “Right to free choice” and the “Right to information” of the European Charter of Patients’ Rights, drafted in 2002 by Active Citizenship Network (ACN). Improving the information on healthcare services, the implementation of this principle shall allow all patients to access services better adapted to their personal requirements, both abroad and in their own country/region.
2. The ongoing transposition of the Directive, which states: “Member States shall ensure that the national contact points consult with patient organisations”, is a unique occasion to enhance the collaboration between national institutions and representatives of patients and users to agree on implementation measures as much adapted as possible to the needs and expectations of citizens in each country.
Subscribe the petition, and follow our activities on www.activecitizenship.net.
On July 16th 2013 we will publish the updates about next steps of the campaign and the list of the country-based orgs that joined the campaign.
- European States Gorvernments
Make them informed! Ask your State to inform citizens on EU health rights
Cittadinanzattiva - Active Citizenship Network ha lanciato questa petizione con solo una firma e ora ci sono 171 sostenitori. Lancia la tua petizione per creare il cambiamento che ti sta a cuore.
Petizioni più popolari
Oggi: Cittadinanzattiva - Active Citizenship Network conta su di te
Cittadinanzattiva - Active Citizenship Network ha bisogno del tuo aiuto con la petizione "European States Gorvernments: Make them informed!Ask your State to inform citizens on EU health rights". Unisciti con Cittadinanzattiva - Active Citizenship Network ed 170 sostenitori più oggi.