- Eric. A. CioppaSuperintendent of Insurance - Maine
- Julie Mix McPeakCommissioner of Insurance - TN
- Thomas B. LeonardiCommissioner of Insurance - CT
- Joseph G. Murphy (Commissioner of Insurance - MA)Commissioner of Insurance - MA
Departments of Insurance, Maine, Massachusetts, Tennessee and Connecticut: Expedite an immediate Conduct Market examination of Unum Group
Unum Group continues to target and deny legitimate claims by deliberately engaging in unfair claims practices. There is also significant evidence to suggest Unum currently ignores all medical restrictions and limitations from treating physicians and continues to engage in practices which were identified in 2004 as unfair patterns of business practices.
By signing this petition, we request the named Departments of Insurance to exercise their regulatory authority by immediately engaging in conduct market examinations of Unum Group.
- Superintendent of Insurance - Maine
Eric. A. Cioppa
- Commissioner of Insurance - TN
Julie Mix McPeak
- Commissioner of Insurance - CT
Thomas B. Leonardi
- Commissioner of Insurance - MA
Joseph G. Murphy (Commissioner of Insurance - MA)
Please exercise your regulatory authority to engage in an immediate conduct market examination of Unum Group and its unfair claims practices which continues to deliberately target and deny claims unfairly. The National Coalition of Disability Insureds supports such actions to hold Unum accountable for its wrongful patterns of business practices.
National Coalition of Disability Insureds started this petition with a single signature, and now has 193 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.