*Concerned Americans FOR Parental Rights & Vaccine Exemptions Oppose CA AB2109*
This petition had 3,336 supporters
- AB2109 violates California parental rights to exercise a philosophical exemption given under California law.
- This violates Californians constitutional rights because parents are being forced to get PERMISSION to opt out of a voluntary medical procedure.
- This bill forces parents to utilize an allopathic model of healthcare for their child in cases that they may opt for a more natural approach, such as homeopathic, acupuncture, chiropractic, Chinese Medicine, etc.
- Pediatricians won't want to sign off on the exemption form because they won't meet their quotas for vaccinated children and bonuses.
- Pediatricians won't want to sign off on the form because they will get reduced reimbursement rates from the insurance companies due to vaccination requirements.
- Pediatricians won't want to sign off on the form because of liability concerns.
- Insurance companies will not pay for the office visits to sign off on these forms.
- California parents will have to pay out of pocket for this additional office visit.
- California parents will most likely have to shop around to several different pediatricians to get a signature, requiring more money and lots of counseling sessions, as well as coercion that they shouldn't be subjected to for exercising a right.
- Many parents that utilize the philosophical exemption have done extensive research in this area and/or have a personal/religious belief against taking them and are acting in the best interest of their child.
- If parents can't get a signature on the form, their child won't be able to go to school without getting vaccinated.
- There is no way that all of the pros and cons of vaccines can be discussed in one short visit to a pediatrician.
- You don't need a doctor's signature to prove a patient has been educated.
- If this bill is passed, it will set precedence for many other states and could eventually end the philosophical exemption across the board.
- This bill could also set precedence regarding freedom to make other health care decisions as individuals and parents.
Today: Holly is counting on you
Holly Blumhardt needs your help with “*Concerned Americans FOR Parental Rights & Vaccine Exemptions Oppose CA AB2109*”. Join Holly and 3,335 supporters today.