A new on campus facility will help reconnect fans and alumni while strengthening the student body of Colorado State. A new on campus facility may also help bring national attention to CSU the likes this university has never seen. According to the Stadium Committee a new on campus stadium may create:
- Increased awareness and support for CSU’s world-class academic programs and research initiatives through improved visibility of athletic programs, of which improved facilities can play a major role.
- Leveraging the lens of athletics, increased connectivity and engagement among alumni, donors and boosters.
- Helping boost nonresident enrollment – which brings in additional revenue to support the core academic mission of the university – through enhanced national visibility of athletic program.
- An enhanced physical and visual connection to CSU’s main campus for alumni, fans and community members.
- Easier access for CSU students to athletic and other large-scale events.
- Creating an unparalleled game-day experience, with the traditions that build engagement among students, alumni and supporters.
- Improved access to Fort Collins commercial districts, driving additional visits to restaurants, retail business and other amenities.
- Opportunity for creating a dynamic, mixed-use facility that would benefit the institution and community as a whole.
- Capitalizing on Fort Collins’ reputation as one of the best cities in the nation by offering expanded, in-town facilities for diverse programming and destination events.
Other things to keep in mind about a new on campus stadium is that Tony Frank has laid out 4 recommendations that stadium must fall within:
- CSU won’t consider putting the stadium on existing open green space, including the intramural fields.
- CSU won’t consider putting the stadium in front of significant existing view sheds so as to protect views of the mountains.
- All recommendations from the Advisory Committee must take into serious account any impact on neighbors in areas adjacent or near a new stadium.
- State appropriation, tuition, fees or taxes will not be considered as funding sources for a stadium project.
Hopefully with enough support we can show not only CSU but, the city of Fort Collins is willing and ready to have its own on campus stadium.
Edward Umada started this petition with a single signature, and now has 1,055 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.