A new on campus facility will help reconnect fans and alumni while strengthening the student body of Colorado State. A new on campus facility may also help bring national attention to CSU the likes this university has never seen. According to the Stadium Committee a new on campus stadium may create:
- Increased awareness and support for CSU’s world-class academic programs and research initiatives through improved visibility of athletic programs, of which improved facilities can play a major role.
- Leveraging the lens of athletics, increased connectivity and engagement among alumni, donors and boosters.
- Helping boost nonresident enrollment – which brings in additional revenue to support the core academic mission of the university – through enhanced national visibility of athletic program.
- An enhanced physical and visual connection to CSU’s main campus for alumni, fans and community members.
- Easier access for CSU students to athletic and other large-scale events.
- Creating an unparalleled game-day experience, with the traditions that build engagement among students, alumni and supporters.
- Improved access to Fort Collins commercial districts, driving additional visits to restaurants, retail business and other amenities.
- Opportunity for creating a dynamic, mixed-use facility that would benefit the institution and community as a whole.
- Capitalizing on Fort Collins’ reputation as one of the best cities in the nation by offering expanded, in-town facilities for diverse programming and destination events.
Other things to keep in mind about a new on campus stadium is that Tony Frank has laid out 4 recommendations that stadium must fall within:
- CSU won’t consider putting the stadium on existing open green space, including the intramural fields.
- CSU won’t consider putting the stadium in front of significant existing view sheds so as to protect views of the mountains.
- All recommendations from the Advisory Committee must take into serious account any impact on neighbors in areas adjacent or near a new stadium.
- State appropriation, tuition, fees or taxes will not be considered as funding sources for a stadium project.
Hopefully with enough support we can show not only CSU but, the city of Fort Collins is willing and ready to have its own on campus stadium.