- Lindsey HorvathMayor, West Hollywood
- Paul ArevaloCity Manager, West Hollywood
- Sam BaxterAssistant City Manager, West Hollywood
- John DuranCouncil Member
- Lauren MeisterMayor Pro Tempore, West Hollywood, CA
- Richard BloomCA State Assemblymember
- John D'AmicoCouncilmember, West Hollywood, CA
City of West Hollywood: STOP THE PLUMMER PARK MASTER PLAN
- Mayor, West Hollywood
- City Manager, West Hollywood
- Assistant City Manager, West Hollywood
- Council Member
- Mayor Pro Tempore, West Hollywood, CA
- CA State Assemblymember
- Councilmember, West Hollywood, CA
As a West Hollywood constituent and/or a Plummer Park user, I ask that you direct City Staff to immediately halt progress on the Plummer Park Master Plan. The design, especially for the exterior of Fiesta Hall, is out-of-line with the historic nature of the neighborhood. Given the character of the street (there are seven landmarked buildings) a modern design is inappropriate. The underground parking structure, netting only 69 extra spaces, does not justify the destruction of the 54 old growth and heritage trees and demolition of the historic WPA structures, Great Hall/Long Hall. The exhaust vent for the parking is located adjacent to the pre-school and the basketball court. The "larger" pre-school, which will accomodate only 6 additional students, is inappropriate cold, modern architecture and will require the children to play on the roof of the building instead of in the park.
The proposal as it stands is not compatible with the stated goals of Plummer Park Master Plan Phase I, To Honor Plummer Park’s History....
With my signature, I ask that you work with our neighborhood leaders on a Plummer Park redesign that we can ALL support.
Protect Plummer Park Now started this petition with a single signature, and now has 3,055 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.