Petition for a More Humane Community for Animals in Greenville, NC.
This petition had 1,494 supporters
We the citizens of Greenville, NC., located in Pitt County, desire to live in a humane community. We are asking for effective, progressive methods and programs for Animal Protective Services.
We are requesting the city consider and adopt these steps:
1. Immediately open Greenville’s animal holding facility to the public as required by the North Carolina Animal Welfare Act, for four hours a day, three days a week. Make public the physical address and hours of public access for the holding facility on the city’s Animal Protective Services webpage.
2. Provide public access to the Greenville Animal Protective Services database (PetPoint Matrix) online. The database should include animal intake/outcomes, owner surrenders vs stray, age categories of animals, reasons for euthanasia categories, live release rates, and other relevant data.
3. End the outdoor cat feeding and sterilization ban. Allow 501(c)3 non-profits to operate, without constraints, Trap-Neuter-Release/Return cat assistance in Greenville. Allow these non-profits to trap, vaccinate, sterilize, and return or adopt out the cats they help.
4. Develop a Strategic Plan for Greenville’s Animal Protective Services division and make it available to the public.
5. Hold an annual public forum that gives citizens information on the goals and programs for Animal Protective Services. This forum should also allow for public input. We request that the first public forum be held no later than Nov. 1, 2017.
Today: Linda is counting on you
Linda Mazer needs your help with “City of Greenville Animal Protective Services: A Petition for a More Humane Community for the Animals in Greenville, NC”. Join Linda and 1,493 supporters today.