Take Geelong Pound from the Geelong Animal Welfare Society.
This petition had 2,060 supporters
Do you know what happens to the lost and abandoned pets of Greater Geelong?
Most are killed
(approx 850 dogs & 2000+ cats year end 2010)
WHY?....when many more could be re-homed
KILLED by the Society that fails to achieve its society objectives
GAWS GEELONG ANIMAL WELFARE SOCIETY –
YOUR COUNCIL CONTRACTED ANIMAL POUND
COUNCIL FUNDS GAWS WHO KILL THE ANIMALS...WHY?
WHY IS GREATER GEELONG COUNCIL FAILING TO MONITOR
THIS COUNCIL CONTRACTED POUND & FAILING TO DEMAND MODERN AND PROACTIVE WAYS TO SAVE HOMELESS PETS ?
IS THIS HOW YOU WANT YOUR COUNCIL RATES SPENT?
Speak up for these forgotten animals!
Ask council to take responsibility!
Sign our Petition Now
• TAKE BACK CHARGE OF THE POUND
• INVESTIGATE CLAIMS MADE BY THE PUBLIC
- High Kill Rate – averages 46 cats and 17 dogs per week
- No on-line facility for checking for missing animals or potential animals to adopt
- Council delay in issuing documentation which will allow Rescue Groups to take animals marked for 'death'
- GAWS reluctant to work with Rescue Groups
- GAWS kill animals suitable for rescue and re-homing weekly
- Breaches of Animal Welfare Codes i.e. animals killed in front of other animals, not following virus isolation and sanitisation correctly and more
- Staff at GAWS with no formal qualifications
- Animals are temperament tested by unqualified personnel
- Bullying and harassment by Management
For further information www.http://deathrowpets.wordpress.com/
Rosie, a white female Boxer, was labelled for euthanasia
WHY? She was declared by the Staff to be deaf.
Today: Kaz is counting on you
Kaz scanlon needs your help with “City Of Greater Geelong Council: Take Geelong Pound from the Geelong Animal Welfare Society.”. Join Kaz and 2,059 supporters today.