Do you know what happens to the lost and abandoned pets of Greater Geelong?
Most are killed
(approx 850 dogs & 2000+ cats year end 2010)
WHY?....when many more could be re-homed
KILLED by the Society that fails to achieve its society objectives
GAWS GEELONG ANIMAL WELFARE SOCIETY –
YOUR COUNCIL CONTRACTED ANIMAL POUND
COUNCIL FUNDS GAWS WHO KILL THE ANIMALS...WHY?
WHY IS GREATER GEELONG COUNCIL FAILING TO MONITOR
THIS COUNCIL CONTRACTED POUND & FAILING TO DEMAND MODERN AND PROACTIVE WAYS TO SAVE HOMELESS PETS ?
IS THIS HOW YOU WANT YOUR COUNCIL RATES SPENT?
Speak up for these forgotten animals!
Ask council to take responsibility!
Sign our Petition Now
• TAKE BACK CHARGE OF THE POUND
• INVESTIGATE CLAIMS MADE BY THE PUBLIC
- High Kill Rate – averages 46 cats and 17 dogs per week
- No on-line facility for checking for missing animals or potential animals to adopt
- Council delay in issuing documentation which will allow Rescue Groups to take animals marked for 'death'
- GAWS reluctant to work with Rescue Groups
- GAWS kill animals suitable for rescue and re-homing weekly
- Breaches of Animal Welfare Codes i.e. animals killed in front of other animals, not following virus isolation and sanitisation correctly and more
- Staff at GAWS with no formal qualifications
- Animals are temperament tested by unqualified personnel
- Bullying and harassment by Management
For further information www.http://deathrowpets.wordpress.com/
Rosie, a white female Boxer, was labelled for euthanasia
WHY? She was declared by the Staff to be deaf.