Support Community Proposal for Health Equity Funds in City of Austin
This petition made change with 213 supporters!
Urge Austin City Council to include funds in the 2016 budget to address health disparities with community based projects that are holistic, culturally specific, non-traditional, and based in community organizing.
Click here to find out who your district rep is.
Click here to email your district rep.
Click here to email all the council members at once.
Call your city council member:
- Mayor Stephen Adler 512-978-2100
- District 1 Ora Houston 512-978-2101
- District 2 Delia Garza 512-978-2102
- District 3 Sabino "Pio" Renteria 512-978-2103
- District 4 Gregorio "Greg" Casar 512-978-2104
- District 5 Ann Kitchen 512-978-2105
- District 6 Don Zimmerman 512-978-2106
- District 7 Leslie Pool 512-978-2107
- District 8 Ellen Troxclair 512-978-2108
- District 9 Kathie Tovo 512-978-2109
- District 10 Sheri Gallo 512-978-2110
Join Mama Sana/Vibrant Woman, allgo, immigrant's rights organizers, the Alliance for African American Health of Central Texas, and other community members working on racial justice issues in Austin. Sign the petition to let the Mayor, City Council, and City Manager know that you support the proposal to prioritize addressing the deep systemic racial health inequities in Austin with relevant and accessible community projects.
For 2016 we are proposing projects that address:
1) chronic disease within the African American community,
2) health and wellness for LGBTQ communities of color,
3) mental health services for immigrant communities, and
4) maternal and infant health for women of color, using a midwifery model.
I sign this petition in support of the above proposal.
Today: Kellee is counting on you
Kellee Coleman needs your help with “City of Austin, Texas: Support Community Proposal for Health Equity Funds in City of Austin”. Join Kellee and 212 supporters today.