SAVE the UMass Boston Pool
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At the moment the University swimming pool is slated to be DESTROYED during the demolition of the Science building. This is a great loss for the University and the community. As a public institution in community surrounded by water our students and local constituents deserve access to the types of programs that only a pool can offer.
SAVE our Swimming Pool, but more importantly save the educational and participatory programs for our students and potential future students.
At present UMB Aquatics offers training in
- Adult CPR/AEDCPR for Professional Rescuers & Health Care Providers
- Adult First Aid/CPR/AED
- Lifeguard/ Lifeguard intern(summer) / Jr Lifeguard
- Water Safety Instruction
- Learn to swim/ Masters Swimming/ Adult stroke clinic/ Competitive Swim teams
- Infant Rescue
- Major facilitator for the SCUBA course
Also, UMB Aquatics offer Summer Camps access to an average of 140-200 kids a day
- Camp Shriver
- Twelfth St. Baptist Church
- TAG program
- CAMP REACH
- Success Boston
- Urban Scholars
- Commonwealth Swimming Team
- Peak Performance Swim Camp which hosts youth and their families from Canada, Barbados, Ghana, London, Morocco, New Hampshire, New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts
- Paralympic Sport Club Boston
- and many more
A swimming pool offers opportunities for international, National, State, and Local competitions as well as educational opportunities for Biology, EHS, Nursing, and the growing field of Outdoor Leadership.
Please sign to show your support to SAVE the UMass Boston Pool! A public university in a community surrounded by water has a responsibility to provide and support the training of young people to become stewards of water safety and a swimming pool is the only place that can be successfully accomplished.
SAVE our Swimming Pool.
Today: Paula is counting on you
Paula Thorsland needs your help with “Chris Giuliani: SAVE the UMass Boston Pool”. Join Paula and 89 supporters today.