SAVE THE MUSEUM OF FIRE, EDINBURGH
This petition had 5,464 supporters
The Museum of Fire occupies the Engine Room of 76-78, Lauriston Place, Edinburgh which was built in 1900 as the Central Fire Engine Station of Edinburgh Fire Brigade.With the building now surplus to the requirements of the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service, the future of the museum is under threat.
Help us persuade the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service and Museums Galleries Scotland to save the entire building for development as a world-class Scottish National Museum of Fire and as a tribute to James Braidwood, first Firemaster of Edinburgh and Father of the British Fire Service.
Please sign this petition to help save this historic museum.
In addition to supporting the petition you may wish to communicate with some or all of the people who will consider the future of the Museum of Fire:
- Fiona Hyslop, MSP. The Cabinet Secretary for Culture, Europe and External Affairs. Responsible for Built Heritage and Museums Galleries Scotland, secured funding for the Dundee V&A Project, the new Bannockburn Visitor Centre and the creation of the Robert Burns birthplace museum, Ayrshire. Fiona.Hyslop.email@example.com
- Gavin Barrie, Member of The City of Edinburgh Council, Member of Police and Fire Scrutiny Committee (Former firefighter with 34 years service) firstname.lastname@example.org
- James Campbell, QFSM, Member of the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service Board. Former Chief Officer of Fife and Lothian and Borders Fire and Rescue Service email@example.com
- Alasdair Hay, Chief Officer, Scottish Fire and Rescue Service. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Matheson, MSP. The Cabinet Secretary for Justice. Responsibilities include fire and rescue services. Michael.Matheson.email@example.com
- Pat Watters, Chair of the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service Board. firstname.lastname@example.org
Today: George is counting on you
George Gray needs your help with “CHIEF OFFICER ALASDAIR HAY AND FIONA HYSLOP: SAVE THE MUSEUM OF FIRE, EDINBURGH”. Join George and 5,463 supporters today.