Adoption of Irregularities by COMEDK UGET 2017 to perform 2nd Extended Round Counselling
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
WE STUDIED HARD AND IN THE END WE DON'T GET WHAT WE DESERVE
I am raising my voice against the malpractices adopted by the administrative department of COMEDK UGET 2017 in the Second extended Round Counselling.
The COMEDK UGET 2017 has given notifications regarding the eligibility in Second extended Round counselling which are completely unfair and illegal. This criteria has illegally snatched away the candidate's rights for up-gradation.
I'm quoting the eligibility criteria from the notification given by the COMEDK UGET 2017 below.
"The following candidates only are eligible to participate in the
second extended round of counselling:
1) The candidates who have participated in second round and who have
not at all been allotted a seat.
2) The candidates who have participated in second round by not holding
any seat and not accepted the seat allotted in Round 2."
- 1. As per the information bulletin provided by the COMEDK for the counselling of 2017 there was NO eligibility criteria mentioned to participate in "Second Extended counselling". Therefore, the eligibility criteria to participate in the second extended round of counselling is UNFAIR as well as ILLEGAL.
- 2. As mentioned in the notification "there were considerable number of vacant seats after the second round seat allotment". When considerable seats are vacant, then the opportunity to participate in the second extended round of counselling should be open to the all the candidates who have participated in the second round of counselling.
- 3. The notification has checked/killed the right to upgrade among my preferred institutions.
The COMEDK administrative department was reluctant to conduct Second Extended round of counselling at first, because they wanted the vacant seats to get transferred to Management Quota, but on the demand of applicants they had to conduct Second extended Round . So COMEDK administrative department came up with a brilliant idea - the eligibility criteria, which restricts most of the applicants to participate in Second Extended Round. In the nutshell, the students who have selected the seat in Second round of counselling are not eligible to participate in second extended round. The applicants who have demanded this to happen are themselves made not eligible for this round.
What a shameful act by COMEDK administration!
This has made me depressed about my country's and my future. And I'm sure that this reckless step will have a major bad effect on the students' education.
We demand for a new eligibility criteria which makes all the participants of Round 2 COMEDK, eligible for Second extended/Third Round COMEDK UGET 2017 as this will give the candidates a fair chance to get the colleges which they deserve as per their preference list. It will be completely unfair if these considerable number of seats are given to undeserving students as it will be a disgrace to both COMEDK and the colleges which come under it.
This move could help around 50,000 candidates aspiring for engineering seats through COMEDK.
Please sign and share this petition to help us fight against these malpractices and to get admissions in college which we deserve.
Today: Neha is counting on you
Neha Chaudhary needs your help with “Cheif Minister of Karnataka: Adoption of Irregularities by COMEDK UGET 2017 to perform 2nd Extended Round Counselling”. Join Neha and 198 supporters today.