Put Darkwing Duck as a playable character in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
*music starts playing*
"Daring duck of mystery, champion of right, swoops out of the shadows, Darkwing owns the night. Somewhere some villain schemes, but his number's up.
(3-2-1) Darkwing Duck (When there's trouble you call DW) Darkwing Duck (Let's get dangerous) Darkwing Duck (Darkwing, Darkwing Duck!)
Cloud of smoke and he appears, master of surprise. Who's that cunning mind behind that shadowy disguise? Nobody knows for sure, but bad guys are out of luck.
'Cause here comes (Darkwing Duck), look out! (When there's trouble you call DW). Darkwing Duck (Let's get dangerous), Darkwing Duck (Better watch out, you bad boys), Darkwing Duck!"
*music stops playing*
Disney and Capcom have been working together in the video game scene for some time now, with titles like...
- Darkwing Duck (Nintendo Entertainment System and Game Boy)
- DuckTales (Nintendo Entertainment System and Game Boy)
- DuckTales 2 (Nintendo Entertainment System and Game Boy)
- DuckTales: Remastered (PlayStation 3, Android, Xbox 360, Wii U, Microsoft Windows, iOS and Windows Phone)
- Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers (Nintendo Entertainment System and PlayChoice-10)
- Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 (Nintendo Entertainment System)
- TaleSpin (Nintendo Entertainment System, Game Boy, Sega Genesis, TurboGrafx-16, and Game Gear)
- Disney's Aladdin (Super Nintendo Entertainment System and Game Boy Advance)
- Goof Troop (Super Nintendo Entertainment System)
- Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse (GameCube)
- Disney's Hide and Sneak (GameCube)
- The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge (PlayStation 2 and Xbox)
- Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, PlayStation, Sega Genesis, PlayStation 3, Sega CD, Android, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita)
- Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (Sega Genesis, Master System, Game Gear and Sega Saturn)
- Disney's Magical Quest 3 starring Mickey and Donald (Super Nintendo Entertainment System and Game Boy)
- Toy Story (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega Genesis, Microsoft Windows and Game Boy)
- Donald in Maui Mallard (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega Genesis, Game Boy and Microsoft Windows)
So it should be a no brainier, to put Darkwing Duck in Marvel vs. Capcom series as a playable character. Disney and Capcom worked well making video games and are no strangers to each other. I mean they did make the 1992 Darkwing Duck video game. Plus Disney owns Marvel and its a Marvel vs. Capcom video game. So do the math, it fits.
DARKWING DUCK FUN FACT: Darkwing is an expert in martial arts, despite a large degree of clumsiness. It is mentioned that he was trained in Quack Fu by Goose Lee.
Now why Darkwing Duck, he knows how to fight and has cool gadgets he can use in the video game. Plus lets be real, Darkwing Duck is the Batman of the Disney universe. Batman is a very popular character and so is Darkwing Duck. Here is a example/idea of some Special Movies and Hyper Combos...
Special Moves (example/idea)
- Blue Smoke - A teleport move. Just like in the show, Darkwing Duck appears out of know where or escapes in a puff of blue smoke. So its a good way to get the drop on the other player, get behind the other player or break out of that player's combo.
- Darkwing Duck's Gun - His primary weapon. It has 3 abilities.
- Grapple Hook - A projectile move. Just like in the show. He uses this to catch bad guys and pull them to him, get from one place to another or use it to swing and kick or punch the bad guys in mid-air. So I can see a lot of fun stuff you could use this for.
- Knockout Gas - A projectile stun move. In the show this was use to, well the name says it all. To knockout the bad guys out. So you could use this to stun the other players for a short time.
- Tear Grenades - A projectile confuse move. In the show he used this to incapacitate not knockout the bad guys. So you could use this to confuse the other player. In a swap directions move for a short time.
Hyper Combos (example/idea)
- Let's Get Dangerous - A super/finishing air attack move. Darkwing Duck jumps in the air, landing inside the Thunderquack (a duck-head shaped plane built and piloted by Launchpad). The Thunderquack then flies in and swoops down at the other player. Knocking that player up in the air. As the Thunderquack comes around and hits that player again in the air. Then comes around again to knock the player out of the air causing major damage. That player hits the ground and is stun for a short time. As Darkwing Duck jumps out of the Thunderquack and onto the ground.
- Justice Ducks Unite - A super/finishing ground attack move. This is where all of the Justice Ducks...Gizmoduck, Morgana Macawber, Stegmutt and Neptunia. Come out from different directions of the screen to meet up with Darkwing Duck. Then all at once they all shoot a powerful signature projectile of their own at the other player. Knocking back the other player and causing major damage. Then the Justice Ducks jump off screen, leaving Darkwing Duck.
You know if he was in the Marvel vs. Capcom series, he will be talked about and most likely be played a lot. Cause everyone will want to know his play style, role in the game and cause he is Darkwing Duck in a fighting game. Plus this could spark his return, a new Darkwing Duck series or maybe a feature length animated movie. Superheros are in and so are reboots/remakes. People are nostalgic for the 90's and the 90's are in now. Now who came from the 90's...Darkwing Duck that's who.
So I conclude with, "I am the terror that flaps in the night. I am the surprise in your cereal box. I am...Darkwing Duck!". So please Disney, Capcom and Marvel. "Let's get dangerous" and see a fan favorite in the Marvel vs. Capcom series. #DD4MvsC
Today: Eric is counting on you
Eric Barker needs your help with “Capcom, Marvel and Disney | Put Darkwing Duck as a playable character in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite”. Join Eric and 28 supporters today.